Home

Your favourite Lucas Arts moments...

Lemon Head

Originally posted by JiveMonkey

What is up with that really sketchy scene in GF where Manny goes off with glottis to the scene of the contamination in the diner in the beginning? I remember it being all sketchy and Picasso-like but then they never did that again for the rest of the game....just doesn't really make sense from my recollection.

Thats what the Land of the Living looks like, its only used there because thats the only scene where you see the land of the living. I thought it was very clever to have such a stark contrast in visual style to the Land of the Dead.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish there was more of the Land of the Living though... it's a bit like the Carnival in COMI, it only got one screen and I wanted to wander around more!

Anyhoo:

Maniac Mansion: The beginning, when Bernard tries to run away.

Indy Last Crusade: When Indy, Dad and Marcus enter the Temple of the Grail, watch a head fly across the screen, and Indy goes "This must be the place".

SOMI: "I found the Lost Treasure of Mélée Island & all I got was this lousy T-Shirt"

MI2: The Dream Sequence. My all-time fav.

S&M: "I think that punk learned a valuable lesson Sam."

"Me too, Max. I didn't realise the lower lip could stretch completely over the head. Amazing."

DOTT: "If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs."

Indy Fate of Atlantis: The fight between Indy and Kerner in Marcus' office. Have you listened to the sound? It's like they're really scrapping!

Full Throttle: The March of the Bunnies. 'Nuff said.

COMI: "I think I broke my skull. I'm all skull!" Anything involving Murray, really.

Grim Fandango: "Híjole, I'm gonna miss the poisoning!" Actually, no, it's the Ode to the Moon.

Indy Infernal Machine: I still have a soft spot in my heart for this game. The Meroe is just incredible. Indy pulls up in his jeep, and you can see practically the entire level! (sort of, it's hidden beneath pyramids and sand a bit)

EFMI: Me, cheering and clapping loudly when I saw Murray again. Otherwise it's the 'Use' and 'Pick Up' commands when performed on Elaine. Or the Jump Off Cliff command. Or the Wedding Gifts sequence. Or "I bet you can't hit that guy over there". Or "You want to see a move? Here's a move!"

Take your pick.

When Manny joins the Seabees' strike

"Hell no we wont work!"

"Bogan is a big fat jerk!"

"Sea bees, FREE bees!"

etc.

I spent ages just chanting along trying to keep in time

Also, in CMI

Mr Fossey "thats strange, there was no splash"

Guybrush "SPLASH!"

and

"like throwing cheese into a lactose intolerant volcano?"

• 3 weeks later...

Maniac Mansion(and Delxue)When Bernard tries to run away.

MI1: Guybrush falls off the cliff.

MI2: When Guybrush sees the guard, when Guybrush digs up the bone and his underpants are revealed.

MI3: The hot sand "Ow, Yeow, Hot!"(Really hillarious if helium is consumed first!)

MI4: When Guybrush and Elaine first see the Statue Pirate LeChuck, when you show the duck to Pegnose, when Guybrush shoots himself in the Mysts O' Tyme.

Day of the Tentacle:Pushing Edna down the stairs, ruining Ed's stamps, putting a faux skunk in the Tentacle Jail, zapping Laverne, the ending

Sam & Max: Whenever Sam & Max get beat up by Lee-Harvey"Knock it off! Heeeelp! Aieeee! And stay out!"

Grim Fandango: The Glottis-Go-Round "Mannnny! Yooooouuuu prooooommmmiiiiiiised!", when Manny and Glottis are onboard the S. S. Lola "Glottis, do something! Okay! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

Archived