Home

Collector Box Edition?

M@nd@lori@n

Quake 3 had it now Return to Castle Wolfenstein has it, what about Jedi Knight 2 J.O. a Collector Edition Box.What I would like to see if they did one is a box that look like the same one Obi-wan open to reveal Anakin Skywalker saber to Luke in ANH or a box that looks like marble that looks like it came from a sith temple ruins and it has carved in letters made by a lightsaber.What suggestion would you think worthy of a Star Wars Collector Box?:D

How about a box in the shape of a Jedi Holocron?

And how about a nice new shiny replica of Kyle's lightsaber inside? Or perhaps a miniature of the Moldy Crow? Or maybe a Jedi Medallion? :D

Failing that, how about putting a 'Making Of' featurette on disk?

Or maybe compile all the concept art, screenshots, developer/actor bios, background story, etc., onto a disk.

Or include a 'prequel' novella.

I don't know...I'm making this up as I go. ;)

I considered making this topic a few days ago, but I figured I would wait until we are closer to release. But it's still a good topic. ;)

I'm all for a collector's tin. If I really want the game, like RTCW or Civ 3, I usually will get the special edition. It's only $10, so it isn't a big deal. As for what to put in it, I'm not sure. Most games just seem to come with a poster or something like that, maybe Raven/LEC would do something different. Perhaps a making of video, or better yet, a Natalie Portman Revealed exclusive video. ;)

Originally posted by OnlyOneCanoli

I considered making this topic a few days ago, but I figured I would wait until we are closer to release. But it's still a good topic. ;)

I'm all for a collector's tin. If I really want the game, like RTCW or Civ 3, I usually will get the special edition. It's only $10, so it isn't a big deal. As for what to put in it, I'm not sure. Most games just seem to come with a poster or something like that, maybe Raven/LEC would do something different. Perhaps a making of video, or better yet, a Natalie Portman Revealed exclusive video. ;)

I would buy that! :D

Originally posted by CaptainRAVE

Id just be happy that for the first few copies of the game they gave away a special poster. I love it when companies do that. They did for Tachyon : The Fringe....my friends were gutted when I got the limited edition :)

I wouldnt like that

Theres no way I could get one of the first copies :(

it 15+ (ELPSA anyway) who says we yank it up to 18?? oh **** then i can't buy, well who has a fake moustache for the realease day?

Where did you read that? KISS Army posted in the "different versions" thread the following

I can tell you that Jedi Knight 2 hasn't been submitted yet to the ESRB or any other ratings committee.

Well, I remember when Grim Fandango originally came to stores here in Finland. Some of those boxes contained only game itself with manual, but I was lucky enough to get (limited edition) box of the game with Tim Schafer's and pals names on it with little Manny puppet and copy of Full Throttle. That was something that I would like to see LEC doing again; maybe "hiding" copy of JK and MotS(in same covers) inside... :D

Well all shooters for for Elpsa are 15+ BUT on elpsa is just reccomendation it has to have bbf for it to be illegal for it to be given to anyone under that age.... few have the bbf, Quake series had it likewise Kingpin but not much... and no Unreal didn't .. anyway that's jsut the European standards anyway.

I'm not aware of any Collector's Edition of the game in the works, though I'm guessing that it just hasn't been decided one way or the other at this point. I'll recommend that we answer this question in the FAQ in a future update...

Right now the closest thing I've seen to any special edition of the game is here:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005LABK/qid=1008118712/sr=8-2/ref=sr_8_67_2/002-5647166-9136004

Note the "special bonus." :)

--Kenn

Kenn Hoekstra

Project Administrator

Raven Software

Originally posted by KISS Army

I'll add the proposed question to "the list." Thanks.

--Kenn

Kenn Hoekstra

Project Administrator

Raven Software

thanks again! :D

I didnt expect an answer

Stephen I guess "the list" is the list of questions that they will be answering as they update the FAQ

Archived