Home

New game - what systems?

JiveMonkey

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I found a Gamespot interview with Tim - here's a quip:

"GS: Can you tell us anything about the game you're currently working on?

TS: The game is going to be very different from things I've done in the past, but you could say that about every game we've done. I believe this new one is the natural next step for us. If you look at the evolution of each game's interface and interactivity, starting with our oldest SCUMM games, through Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle and Grim Fandango, I think you'll see a clear progression. They've all been pushing toward more streamlined, intuitive interactions with a deep storyline and believable characters. The new technology is definitely going to help us take the next leap in that progression. "

Definitely sounds cool......he also mentioned it would be for next-gen consoles only......not as cool, unless its for GAMECUBE!

click here for the rest of the interview (short)

If it's only made for XBox, I will personally kill myself.... that was reduntantly repeating myself. Crap, did it again...

Why? Just because it's Microsoft? That's such a single-minded way to look at things. X-Box looks like a promising system, and if Steve would have to choose between X-Box and Gamecube, I think X-Box would be the one. Get past the fact that X-Box is Microsoft, who gives a damn, let it be. Great games are to come for X-Box so grow up and keep an open mind.

Infinite machine, the game's developer, has made only one other game that i know of, and its New Legends. New Legends is only on the Xbox. Now if they're like other small gaming companies (which i have know idea if they are or not) They would probably make it for the Xbox. But if we're lucky, they might have a PC version too.

and the xbox (although i didn't like it a first) is looking better and better. It has the best specs of all three nex gens. about 3 times more powerful than PS2, and 1.5 Times more powerful than GameCube. The game selection is growing, and has games other than oddworld that look pretty cool (and you can get games that are featured on all systems like SSX Tricky, etc...).

*gasps for breath* :sweat:

The game is being developed by Infinite Machine, an XBox developer. THQ would probably publish it. THQ is forming a relationship with Nintendo, which raises prospects that the game will be published on Nintendo's GameCube as well as Microsoft's XBox.

(Caution, console warzone below)

The XBox has about 15% more graphics processor power than GameCube. Didn't you read Anandtech's review of the two consoles?

"Both platforms [XBOX and GAMECUBE] have good compiler support and the tilt of the hat goes to IBM's Gekko [implemented in Gamecube] in terms of having a very flexible ISA."

"Raw GPU power and feature set does go to the NV2A core that is in the Xbox."

What's unanimous is that PS2 lost its pedistule as the ultimate gaming machine.

(Now that we've all had our fair share of bullshit)

I wish Sam & Max "SpaceTrip" would come out on all systems. THQ being the alleged publisher, it's not such a far cry.

Oh, I forgot to mention: FUCK censorship.

Hehe, I don't see what an interview with Tim Schafer about Double Fine Productions has to do with the new Sam & Max game, which is being done at Infinite Machine by Justin Chin and Steve Purcell :)

Double Fine is undoubtedly making some other kick ass game... and their game will definitely be XBox only at least at first, because they're heavily supported by Microsoft. However, like Halo, it could easily go other places later.

I'm not saying I HATE XBox, but I just think that Gamecube might be better. I've always been a Nintendo fan, so I'd like S&M 2 to come out for Gamecube as well.

If I had the money, I WOULD buy XBox, but I'd really like a Gamecube more... I mean, Halo looks so awesome I don't think I'd ever stop playing it for a month. But, then there's Super Smash Brothers Melee and Rogue Leader, which I would not stop playing for a year! Heh heh.... so, there's my sights on XBox: Great system, too much for me, need classic sequels like Melee ;)

Yeah Justin Chin is the guy who made Jedi Knight then left. He left to make New Legends for PC with his own new compnay, but i guess when THQ picked it up as their publisher they ran into delays. THQ said "port it to XBox, not PC" and now the game is coming out like a year or two late. That's all really a shame :( There were apparently quite a lot of Infinite Machine/New Legends fansites until they went console, then everyone forgot about them.

They seem to have some pretty nice talent going for them, though. Chunks of the Jedi Knight and Curse of Monkey Island teams seem to be there, as well as some new non-LucasArts talent. You can read about who works at Infinite Machine here.

all the gaming sites seem to be pretty sure ists gonna be on Xbox. IGN has already got it filed under the Xbox section of their page, and Gamespot says "Although a specific console has not been confirmed, industry sources would have us believe that the game is in development for the Microsoft Xbox." BUT IT SAYS NOTHING ABOUT PC!!! They even have a link to the xbox site on their page! thats it, i'm emailing them.

Does anyone understand game designers' obessions with leaving a popular developer after a few years of recent success? What benefits could creating your own company hold that outweigh a lead position at LucasArts? I don't realize why the designers can't simply request their own design division within LucasArts, therefore providing them with a safe testing ground and publisher for new products. The departure over the last few years of stellar talent from LucasArts has just left me befuddled as to what some of the best talent in the industry is thinking? I shouldn't really be questioning the geniuses here, but when have these departures actually done better away from LEC?

Yea, let's see, I could shell out a limb for an Xbox, or just download an emulator...

*weighs options*

P.S. Humor makes people laugh. Only lingering on this board (much like the fungus that results in athletes foot [Tinea pedis] lingers in your shoes) to call people stupid for the sake of seeming smart instead of actually comming up with something smart say makes you a lot of things. None of which involve the words "comedian", "laugh", "ha-ha", or "that's almost funny"

P.P.S. Oh yes, Censorship is fucking stupid.

I've heard it's coming out for the X-Box...which sucks...because I'm poor...and when I finally do get that much money there is so many other things I want to get...especially since I'd probably end up getting the X-Box, and then Sam & Max and that's it...We really should start swamping them with emails demanding they make a PC version...

if anyone can find an email adress on that jumbled pile of contemporary design that infinite machine calls a web page, please tell me.

oh, and about Xbox emulators: I really don't think they will have an xbox emulator out for a loooooooong time that succesfully plays xbox games. Hell, you can barely find a playstation emulator that doesn't suck!:(

XBox is also basically a glorified PC, so PC's 2 years from now (when Sam & Max comes out probably) should be able to emulate today's XBox pretty well, right? I'd assume so at least. I mean, N64's have nothing to do with PC's and PC's could emulate them well enough to play Zelda 64 at full speed about 2 years after N64's hit the market... imagine what emulator writers can do with a console that uses Intel chips, DirectX, and a GeForce 3. It shouldn't be that hard.

And the only listed email address on infinite-machine.com that I've found is

webmaster@infinite-machine.com

...but it bounces with an "address not found" message.

Archived