Home

New game - what systems?

JiveMonkey

Oh yeah, also don't swamp them with requests, it will do nothing. From what it sounds like, their publisher will ultimately decide, not packs of emailing fans. I'm sure they'd prefer to port it as many places as they can, but the reality probably is they'll port it wherever their publisher pays them to port it, PC, XBox or otherwise. :(

If anyone finds an email address I'm sure telling them you're excited about the game and don't own an xbox would be okay... but something in all caps saying that "THE FANS DEMAND" anything will do nothing but pester.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JiveMonkey: Who knows why people really leave LEC? But don't discount it as pointless until you see or play the games they've made. Note neither Infinite Machine or Double Fine have put out a game. It's not like they can start up their company and just have a game ready. I mean, think about the time between Maniac Mansion and Full Throttle, or between Full Throttle and Grim. Then add the time it takes to start your own company, plus any time that was spent working on a game at LucasArts that never got finished because you left, and you can easily see that it would take a long while before you can go and start churning out games again. New Legends looked really promising when it was first announced. I have no idea whats up with it now. I think its coming out really soon.

Originally posted by Setion

Say's who? You just have to know the right places; you don't want nasty trojans or kill exe's on your computer.

Yeah, but what I meant was one is lucky enough to even HAVE the program illegally, so one shouldn't expect the VERY BEST from it.

• 2 weeks later...

Erm, to get back on topic... ^_^

I saw this in PlanetGameCube's mailbag:

Chewie asks, Have you heard of anything about any Lucas Arts adventure games? Maybe a port of Escape from Monkey Island or a GameCube version of Sam and Max?

TYP Says: What I say is probably so outdated that it's funny. Back in January I had an interview with Hal Barwood (Sorry about all of those vocal fillers I decided to leave in... It was my first day on the job!) Anyway, Hal himself didn't seem all too excited about the GCN at the time, but he wasn't pessimistic--just unsure. Before GCN launch, I would have said "One LA-designed multi-platform game to test the waters," but after RL2's success, I guarantee you the company is taking the system more seriously. What will we get from LucasArts itself? I honestly don't know, but I'd still put my money on some sort of port.

Mike S. Says: ...I'm hopeful that the new Sam & Max game will make it to the cube, because the first was funny as hell and also fantastic. But no, I myself haven't heard anything about it.

Interesting...

Does anyone understand game designers' obessions with leaving a popular developer after a few years of recent success? What benefits could creating your own company hold that outweigh a lead position at LucasArts? I don't realize why the designers can't simply request their own design division within LucasArts, therefore providing them with a safe testing ground and publisher for new products. The departure over the last few years of stellar talent from LucasArts has just left me befuddled as to what some of the best talent in the industry is thinking? I shouldn't really be questioning the geniuses here, but when have these departures actually done better away from LEC?

If you notice, nearly all of LucasArt's games after Jedi Knight/Mysteries of the Sith were horrible.. not nearly as good as JK (which is currently #5 on PcGamer's 50 Greatest Games Ever list) (Sam and Max is #45 - bleh) . There could have been confrontations between the development teams and the upper management over the focus of future games and where they were headed. Maybe they wanted to get free of the restraints and make game(s) they had always wanted to make, instead of being forced to make subpar games that they *knew* wouldn't be that good.. there's a lot that goes on behind closed doors in the industry.

Oh, and I really hope it gets ported to the PC.. I'd rather not shell out $300 for a console, but if it comes to that.. maybe the prices will have dropped by then ;)

Does anyone know if there are any Sega Saturn emulators that work? I want to play Scud on my computer... kick some ass... blow things up... destruction and such.

go read the ****ing comic book, I'm missing three of 'em.

Scud (Rob Schrab) kicks the ****, and you can get La Cosa Nostroid and Gear (by Douglas TenNaple!!)

Archived