Home

Devs: Dedicated Servers!?!??!

Guest Sabre9

All,

I'm nerviuos.

I'm paranoid.

I'm anxious.

I hear that there's going to be zone support.

I hear from fans that this game has to have dedicated servers, its built into the engine. But I haven't seen that from the devs.

I waited a few months, and I still haven't seen an official statement. The onlything official I saw was zone support.

I'm now scared.

Can we get some official, once-and-for-all dev confirmation that this game will have dedicated servers?

JK ruled the MP scene, but it only had peer-to-peer! It could have been the shut-up-and-sit-down top game if it only had dedicated servers.

I'd... I'd... I'd WATCH GO-BOTS if this game doesn't have dedicated servers.... :(

Welcome sabre0

The onlything official I saw was zone support.

Could you tell me where did you get this from?

Official chat

Wilhuf_jk2_net: Zone support for Jedi Knight 2?

Jedi Outcast: We're looking into it...

Im not sure but I think DS were confirmed, maybe in a preview, I dont know

Originally posted by digl

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The onlything official I saw was zone support.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could you tell me where did you get this from?

quote:

Official chat

Wilhuf_jk2_net: Zone support for Jedi Knight 2?

Jedi Outcast: We're looking into it...

"

Whoops. I was wrong. That WAS where I saw it, and you're right - they were only looking into it... No official word as to the Zone...

it would be unfortunate to see them buckle under the pressure of MS or LEC

What pressure might that be, wardz? Does Microsoft have some kind of contractual relationship or influence over Jedi Outcast's implementation?

Zone can list dedicated servers, FYI.

Although I personally would use an in-game server browser, Gamespy, All-Seeing Eye, or even the hapless Gamespy Arcade before resorting to the Zone to find a server.

Thankyou for setting me straight on the dedicated servers on the zone, I didn't actually know about that, which has prolly just shot my idea down in flames. : )

pressure might not have been a good word but, most people dont like the Zone for whatever reason.

LEC could either do what their fans want and put it on dedicated servers, or make more work for themselves by putting on the Zone, which would make them more popular with MS, but maye the fans would lose out, I dont know. That is what I was implying.

BTW, Do companies get paid for having their game on the zone?

wardz

As far as i know (i got told by sysop on zone) that lec seem to have a contract with m$.. notice how most sw games are on the zone.. i think lec maybe making raven put it in but they don't know if they can.... that's why the said we're looking into probably...

Well that's my theory.

Archived