Home

The Advertising Thread™

Jake

Hi. My name is Sarah and I'm an alcoholic.

Except not. Someone somewhere may have seen the nick "invisibelle."

I'm Mixnmojo's ho. I correct Spaff and Jake's typing mistakes... among other things.

Nobody ever asks me to write anything because I am illiterate.

Oh, also I play the flute, if anyone heard the HighLand Underground Tunnels or Crab Raft remixes.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My name is Greg. You probably know me more as "mtblancpamir" the incoherent nick name that few understand. Here, on LucasForums, I go by Dinghy Dog for some reason unbeknownst to me. I blame EMI.com. Anyways, I "work" on Metallus's site Snuckey's where I supposedly write things. Also, I would be working on Jojo's MonkeyCenter, if it were up and going. And I really do work at LucasConsoles, writing features and hopefully reviews, if only gamestop.com would send me functional games that don't have more scratches than Beastie Boys songs!!! Damn you gamestop.com! *Proceeds to shake his fist*

And in that unwarranted outburst of pent-up rage, I'm finished.

Originally posted by Haggis

Do people actually read all these ads?

With a View to Post ratio of 7:1, someone must be reading it...you and I did, anyway.

I have a site, but it's not lucasArts, so it's not appropraiate to advertise here, but I throw my support towards Dalixam's site. As a casual surfer, it runs circles around the other "Monkey Island" Sites that I've seen on the net. Dalixam has put together a great site and Paco's artwork is not to be missed.

Once it's back up and running ...worldofmi is a must see

Originally posted by Dinghy Dog

And I really do work at LucasConsoles, writing features and hopefully reviews, if only gamestop.com would send me functional games that don't have more scratches than Beastie Boys songs!!! Damn you gamestop.com! *Proceeds to shake his fist*

:swear::tsk:

plz. GameStop rox your sox. you should have gotten off your butt and gone to the actual store. :p

Originally posted by raVen_image

I have a site, but it's not lucasArts, so it's not appropraiate to advertise here, but I throw my support towards Dalixam's site. As a casual surfer, it runs circles around the other "Monkey Island" Sites that I've seen on the net. Dalixam has put together a great site and Paco's artwork is not to be missed.

Once it's back up and running ...worldofmi is a must see

RaVen... first off I don't think we need advertising threads, it would be quite acceptable to use your sig for a link to your website (as mine does), regardless of weather or not it's MI/LEC-related. Secondly I'm quite proud of my current website...

=mek=

Originally posted by Meksilon

RaVen... first off I don't think we need advertising threads, it would be quite acceptable to use your sig for a link to your website (as mine does), regardless of weather or not it's MI/LEC-related. Secondly I'm quite proud of my current website...

=mek=

I didn't start this thread and I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone. After surfing for a couple of months, worldofmi impressed me by the stories it offered, the download section, the inside joke section, the colors, the background illustrations...everything about it made it the best, in my opinion.

Normally, I have the signatures turned off, so I won't see any web advertisements that are couched in the siggy. However, for you, I turned them on so that I could follow your link.

It's nice. The most notable thing that's lacking is any mention of the last 2 games, but it's a great effort, something to be proud of. :). I'm sorry that I didn't see it earlier. Did you have it up 9-6 months ago?

In honour of its one-year anniversary, I'm plugging Yahtzee Takes On The World, because it asked me to. It's a really great online comic, based in part on the Rob Blanc amateur adventure series, about, well, a guy trying to take over the world, and the people he works with. It's really funny, and British, and all. It's also drawn in MS paint (with PS touches added in later), but please don't let that put you off.

In case you haven't seen the first link, here's one.

So, just, do me a favour, and go there. Click the double 'rewind' arrows to go to the first strip, and just start reading. I guarantee you'll like it. Well, no, I don't, but I'm pretty sure you will.

Have I mentioned the URL is http://yahtzee.keenspace.com?

Originally posted by raVen_image

I didn't start this thread and I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone. After surfing for a couple of months, worldofmi impressed me by the stories it offered, the download section, the inside joke section, the colors, the background illustrations...everything about it made it the best, in my opinion.

Normally, I have the signatures turned off, so I won't see any web advertisements that are couched in the siggy. However, for you, I turned them on so that I could follow your link.

It's nice. The most notable thing that's lacking is any mention of the last 2 games, but it's a great effort, something to be proud of. :). I'm sorry that I didn't see it earlier. Did you have it up 9-6 months ago?

I know you didn't start the thread, but I would have found no problem of seeing any member's personal websites which aren't LEC related. After all this is an advertising thread!

Of course it's lacking any mention of the last two games... I only LOVE the first two :). This current site has been up maybe two months now, and I'm quite happy with it!

And, yes the sigs can be annoying at times, which is why mine is a 1-liner.

=mek=

Woah! LOVE the new design, Haggis! EXCELLENT!

Actually, why not try and get hosted by Escapemi.com or Mixnmojo? You've got a really original site with a GREAt colour scheme and design - and you'll get loads more hits if you're hosted by one of those servers... It might be worth a try...

Originally posted by Gabez

Woah! LOVE the new design, Haggis! EXCELLENT!

Actually, why not try and get hosted by Escapemi.com or Mixnmojo? You've got a really original site with a GREAt colour scheme and design - and you'll get loads more hits if you're hosted by one of those servers... It might be worth a try...

Hi Gabez! The design was made by me, Haxaty. The Logo in the top was also made by moi.

Thank you very much for the compliments. And Haggis and I will surely ask for some hosting soon.. but we wanted some reactions first (we don't know if MIAC is good enough), thank you very much for your kind words. :D

Well in that case... great design Haxaty! I've just seen Ados' art-work... bloody brilliant! There are so many Monkey Island fan-sites, it's nice to see something really original. I've added MIAC to my favourites now, I think I'll visit it regually to see what's new in the art work part of the Monkey Island Community. Before this, I would've had to search on Google or on one of the main sites to find art-work, but now I can just look at the MIAC! A suggestion about the interviews... you could put a link up to The Scummbars Bill Tiller interview, and perhaps interview Paco or someone. I'm sure they'd answer a few questions, provided their not too brong ;). But anyway, thanks to whoever called WWH a "Very comprehensive adventure games site" Wooh!

Archived