Home

Lost cartoon episodes?

Shmargin

Hey, first off, yeah, I'm new to the forums, been coming to the site for a long time though, even gave some fan art at one point, but yeah, onto my question

I've got all 3 tapes of episodes released by Sullivan, but it SEEMS like I remember, but feel free to hit me if I'm wrong, that there were a few episodes that got made, but not released on tape. Or maybe they didnt even air for all I know. But I was wondering if these mystical episodes exsist anywhere, be they on official tapes, or maybe some uh...not really as official tapes...yeah.

Or as I said, maybe I'm totally freakin nuts...

A couple of the shorts didn't get cut... but 6 episodes including, if I'm not mistaken, "The Friend for Life" and "The Glazed McGuffin Affair" didn't make it to tape. Why they didn't is sort of unknown. I mean, was it because the other 3 tapes didn't sell well, or was it because those 6 episodes were too offensive to be put on tape?

I've heard that parents in some cities tried to ban the cartoon, and it just so happens that many of the 6 missing episodes had the potential to be the most offensive (and happened, sadly, to be some of the funnier ones too)... so that's probably the case. The videos probably didn't sell tremendously well either, at least in the US, considering you could only get them from one obscure website. ... Though that website is recommended by Burt Reynolds... hmmmm...

Originally posted by Skinkie

I taped all the episodes back when they were on FOX and if you want I could type up the titles of all the episodes and you can figure out what's missing

Well I'll make it a little easier on you, I've got the following episodes on tape:

The Thing That Wouldnt Stop It

The Second Show Ever

The Tell Tale Tail

Big Trouble At Earths Core

That Darn Gater

Little Big Foot

Max's Big Day

The Dysfunction Of The Gods

We Drop At Dawn

Bad Day On The Moon

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Aaiieee, Robot

The Uglians From Outer Space

The Invaders

They Came From Down There

The Trouble With Gary

So I'm looking for the ones that didnt get released on tape, should be 6 from what I've heard, giving me their names might help. But also, I have to ask, even though I dont like bootleging stuff, if you have any means to make me a copy on VHS of the Sam & Max episodes I dont have, I would be more than happy to pay for the cost of tapes and shipping, and I could make the payment to you via PayPal.com or any other way. email me at shmargin@hotmail.com if you think you can help.

Also if you have a capture card, digital versions of the episodes would be cool too. E-mail me and lemme know.

Thanks

*Shmargin doesnt like piracy of Sam & Max, but its the only way, THE ONLY WAY I SAY!

Sean (Sasistic/SpiffyGerbil) sent this little update to Unofficial a couple years ago:

You know how on your page that Brett said those were all the episodes, except the Glazed McGuffin Affair? Well he'd be right, except he left out 5 other missing episodes. I watched both of my tapes and I figured out that, the episode "Little Bigfoot" was not on your episodes descriptions page, and it may not have been ever aired. Also "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" is the same episode as "The Monkeys from O.N.C.L.E.," it just has a different name. So that leaves us with 6 missing episodes, which are "Christmas, Bloody, Christmas," "A Glitch in Time," "The Glazed McGuffin Affair," It's Dangly Deever Time," "Have a Heart," and "The Friend for Life." And none of these match the description of "Little Bigfoot." Besides, I've seen parts of all of those episodes, except for "The Friend for Life." So that means most likely there will be another video with 6 episodes, just like the other 2, to complete the collection of all the Sam and Max episodes.

More info on the animated series and tapes can be found on the old Unofficial's animated series episode page.

Ok, you are actually missing nine episodes.

They are:

Tonight We Love (The Valentines Day One)

The Glazed McGuffin Affair (About Sanck Foods)

A Glitch in Time (About well, Time Travel)

Christmas Bloody Christams (Christmas episode)

Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang (A James Bond parody)

Hurray for Dangly Deaver (Old TV charectors come to life)

The Friend for Life (My personal favorite)

Fools Die on Fridays (Sort of a sequel to the last one)

The Final Episode (Speaks For itself)

Sorry I don't have a way to copy them, but I can send you more detailed descriptions or something id you want.

I almost forgot the shorts... this may not be all of them, I'm pulling them from memory:

Sam And Max's Artsy Craftsy Bit of Time-Wasting Nonsnese (Make your own Max head hand puppet)

Vice Squad (This was about crushing stuff)

Sam and Max's Guide to your Body (This isn't the exact title, but it does involve the spleen for those who were wondering about it)

Sam: Make sure you always wear Dad's protective eyeware

Max pulls out a mine *WWII Surplus. Do Not Crush In Dad's Vice*

Max:I acn't read a darn thing with these goggles on, oh wel..... BOOOOOOOOOOOM

Sam: Are you Ok little buddy?

Max(Black and Charred):I'm wearing Dad's safety goggles arem't I?....... Call an ambulence

I'm going to be putting clips up from the episodes as soon as I get the time *que audience laugh track* ... and I don't have a couple of the missing ones. If you have the ability to at least capture the shorts to a quicktime file or other simlar format that would be much appreciated.

Originally posted by Jake

If you have the ability to at least capture the shorts to a quicktime file or other simlar format that would be much appreciated.

I have the episodes released on tape, and I'm preeeeetty sure I have a capture card in my closet still. I could capture clips from those and put them in anything from DivX to Quicktime to Real Media. If you want anything other than what got officially released on tape (shorts and some eps) then uh...I cant help...unless someone wants to donate (or sell) me their tapes...HINT HINT;)

• 2 weeks later...

I was always planning on uploading all the video-released episodes once Burt Reynolds runs out of stock.

I did a few tests with QuickTime's Sorenson 3 and they look beautiful.

I MUST see the unreleased episodes. Fate kept me from watching Fox Kids very frequently.

...I'm actually looking forward for VideoFlicks running out of the tapes. They're doing a horrible job of distributing the series.

Archived