Home

wowowowowowowowow

oubliette

Reading the site, I noticed that they are programming their own SCUMM engine. Rather than duplicate effort, why don't they build on and add to the already workign quite well ScummVM (http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/scummvm)

It is already capable of playing Day of the tentacle, monkey island 2, sam n max, Indy4 pretty much flawlessly in windows as well as linux.

whats more its opensource =)

Yep. The core scumm interpreter is the same, as are all the good bits. It's only adding LFL support that'd take the time.

Even then, it should only take a few hours - the format isn't complex, it's just like a .000 file with each room in a seperate file.

besides from the fact that an english translation is underway, did anyone else actually know a japanese version for the fmtowns existed? i thought i was pretty much up to date with zak history... i guess i was wrong...

oh and does anyone know whatever happened to the zak2 project? (ironically also german), its was at http://zak2.de but it suddenly dissapeared....

cheers

dan.

We tried to modify the scumm engine but it's not that easy.

The Zak256 is using another format for the .lfl files. They're unpacked. That'd make it hard to modify a regular engine like this from Indyvga. We tried and it didn't work.

We also have a jap. varsion of Zak Mc Kracken. See the page...

SCUMMVM should vertically stretch the image (1.2%:1%) to preserve the correct aspect ratio, and it's full-screen mode should use true 320x200. That aside it dosen't play the music or sounds for me in MI2... but then I can just boot into DOS and happily play MI2 :)

=mek=

Originally posted by oubliette

oh and does anyone know whatever happened to the zak2 project? (ironically also german), its was at http://zak2.de but it suddenly dissapeared....

cheers

dan.

Oooo, that was a very promising project also! Last time I went there (when AdventureGamer was still running normally) the project members kept dropping out like flies. I mean, they started with like six people and ended with two.

I think this project is dead, but I surely hope someone could prove me wrong.

--Erwin

Originally posted by Meksilon

SCUMMVM should vertically stretch the image (1.2%:1%) to preserve the correct aspect ratio, and it's full-screen mode should use true 320x200. That aside it dosen't play the music or sounds for me in MI2... but then I can just boot into DOS and happily play MI2 :)

=mek=

Did you use the alpha-0.0.3 version listed on the download page, or a nightly build?

The nightly builds have supprort for music and sound in pretty much all the games (monkey2 included)

Originally posted by Chuzwuzza

Did you use the alpha-0.0.3 version listed on the download page, or a nightly build?

The nightly builds have supprort for music and sound in pretty much all the games (monkey2 included)

A pre-compiled version from an unofficial site, I suppose I'll try that later.

=mek=

I may be dense, but what exactly do I download on the current builds page, and how do I compile it?

It'd be really nice if the unofficial site at least provided some instructions on this, and even nicer if there was an official site for stupid people like me, with instucions in it.

Originally posted by Darnn

I may be dense, but what exactly do I download on the current builds page, and how do I compile it?

It'd be really nice if the unofficial site at least provided some instructions on this, and even nicer if there was an official site for stupid people like me, with instucions in it.

well as I said on another thread I think, ScummVM is *NOT* ready for prime-time yet. It is still only meant for developers and people who like to mess about with software that likely won't work right. If you're looking to just download a program and play a lucasarts game in windows (or linux), you'll have to wait a while. A lot of bugs are still being ironed out

Archived