Home

bombers - a big dissapointment

virtualoctopus

Guest Admiral Thrawn

It cuts down on lag and allows people with 200 mhz to be able to play the game easier.

Also I don't care, I just wish they would make the bombers more powerful.

Guest Paladin

The bombs are Okay but i think they should be more powerful.

Why spend 83NOVA on a peice of crap that takes 10 hours to take out a building.:(

Bombers and fighters are hard to select already :p

The bombs are Okay but i think they should be more powerful.

Why spend 83NOVA on a peice of crap that takes 10 hours to take out a building.

Funny how you make it sound like you're attacking a base with only one TIE Bomber. Go in and wipe out all defense, then leave a single Bomber to destroy the rest and wonder why it takes that long :p.

You're supposed to have a bigger army!

IMO, BTW, the primary purposes of the air units must be to get to the destination fast and regardless of terrain features (forests, mountain ranges, lakes, etc. etc.), and thus be able to

1. Respond quickly to distress calls from allies.

2. Stay hidden, then move in at the "all clear" signal (you can have a Bomber wing in the middle of a large forest and no units around the forest will see them).

3. To retreat effortlessy (with other units, except from Scouts, a retreat is impossible because units do not move fast enough).

Guest WC_heavyarms

well, it does sound like you made only one bomber. They should have capabilities to convert ships though, since they can disable vessels :) that would be cool to see. I have said Air needs to stay alive longer. Maybe have the towers only like that, not fortresses though. Anti-air troopers not as powerful. They should be overall more powerful. Tech 4 will probably surprise us, especially with shielded fighters :D

And Maul, change your sig and avatar.

Guest PhantomMenace

yeah i think we're all in for a big surprise when the full version comes out and we can hit tech level 4....i think the treubechet uints will change things a lot and i also wish bomber were the "death from above" i thought they'd be but i see that some civs like the rebels have 2 more advances to the bomber class....I think the guy above made his observation on just watching 1 bomber. ONce they get 2 more upgrades they should really start packign a whollop! Also, did you notice that bombers have a nice area of effect/ splash damage! So they hit mulitple buildings if they are built next to each other and mulitple troops that are close. Now take that with about 4 or 5 3rd level bombers and you got some serious damage dealers. I also think they shoulda gave the bombers a real weak laser to fight other air units...kinda like the laser the workers use on kaadu and such. So that they wouldnt be totally vulnerable but i guess they like balancing concept that Starcraft had with Guardians and Valkryies.

Guest Darth_Nixon42

Exactly,

I have read so MANY threads where people complain about air, and i think (maul has been in them all) but his point is the same as mine, its allready said a thousand times beforehand.

Air units are not like the indestructable carriers/battle cruisers of starcraft, they are units used for unprepared forces, and (once upgraded) leveling bases.

Some say they could be stronger, but realistically fighters could only take one missle or so before they were killed, ties a couple of lasers.

So unlike SC they are not the almost unstopable "death from above" you just need some skill to use them.

Guest crazy_dog

Earlier on there was a thread about complaining about complaining. Everyone there came to an agreement that there should be no more threads about:

Complaining about others complaining

Complainig that this game is totally ****

Saying this game is gonna rock.

Please don't post any more threads like this.:(

Personnally, I too would like to see bombers zooming around, but u can't change anything now, the game's gone gold.

It would be stupid not to take advantage of air units especially rebels and naboo. With shields and +4armor later in the game Adv. Ywings and Adv. Xwings are an awesome force. You have all forgotten they get a bonus Vs. power cores. You can move in quick strike take out some power corese with 20-30 ships, and then their shields go down... move in the troopers.. Oh well there i go again STRATEGIZING AND STUFF!!!!!

Guest dlayers

You know what's hilarious?

In a game with cheats on, I built a boatload of fighters and the guy I was playing with was unable to select the units underneath the massive attack because when you tried to select the units 'under' the fighters you could only click on the fighters :)

Originally posted by crazy_dog

Welll, I re-read it, but this still looks like one of those threads.:rolleyes:

Doesn't matter, fact is that threads like this will always keep appearing! People come to forums to post their thoughts, annoyances, etc etc, now newbies aren't going to know every topic that has been covered, and rather than sifting through the drudge to see it's easier to post a topic, that way the people on the forum at that time are able to give their views and not sit in silence because somebody has already mentioned it 2 weeks ago.

Would you rather they replied to a topic from a few weeks back instead? I imagine that some people in here would also be quick to jump on these people if they were to bring back an old topic and complain about old threads being dragged up.

It's a no win situation, people come, they post that's life and topics will be covered over and over and over, it'll be worse when the full game is out and hordes of people descend into forums like this to say what they think.

Instead of people moaning about it ignore it, if its a topic that you feel has been covered already and you are happy with the conclusions reached in the previous threads youv'e seen then don't post in the topic.

Simple

Guest Paladin
Originally posted by Dagobahn Eagle

Bombers and fighters are hard to select already :p

Funny how you make it sound like you're attacking a base with only one TIE Bomber. Go in and wipe out all defense, then leave a single Bomber to destroy the rest and wonder why it takes that long :p.

You're supposed to have a bigger army!

IMO, BTW, the primary purposes of the air units must be to get to the destination fast and regardless of terrain features (forests, mountain ranges, lakes, etc. etc.), and thus be able to

1. Respond quickly to distress calls from allies.

2. Stay hidden, then move in at the "all clear" signal (you can have a Bomber wing in the middle of a large forest and no units around the forest will see them).

3. To retreat effortlessy (with other units, except from Scouts, a retreat is impossible because units do not move fast enough).

I AM AN EXPERIANCED AOE2 PLAYER AND I DONT ATTACK PEOPLE WITH ONLY ONE BOMBER. I HAD 10 BOMBERS ATTACKING A MECH FACTORY AND I TOOK REALLY LONG SO SHUT YOUR MOUTH. 10x83= 830 NOVA. ITS NOT WORTH IT!!:mad:

Guest jediaoe

get all the upgrades you can and get like 8 and they should make good work of it. You probably want ground troops or x-wings covering them they take a while but they are for rush.

Archived