Home

which is better?

Delphi's Clone

i honestly think the gb/aoe2 engine is better cuz the ra2 has a lot of flaws and stuff according to me

i think its silly to be able to build a building without sending someone there and also putting 4 collectible resources as in aoe2 or gb makes the game complicated and tests your strategic decision making

Guest Tie Guy
Originally posted by krkode

i honestly think the gb/aoe2 engine is better cuz the ra2 has a lot of flaws and stuff according to me

i think its silly to be able to build a building without sending someone there and also putting 4 collectible resources as in aoe2 or gb makes the game complicated and tests your strategic decision making

Don't you get it? The buildings are made at the construction yard, and then moved on to the battlefield where you want it.

Also, i see the 4 resources of AOK to be serious turnoff. I mean, if i wanna spend time building up an economy, i'll play Sim Farm. If i wanna fight, i'll play RA2 or YR. Get the picture?

Another thing is that the RA2 engine includes Veterancy, and you can also garrison buildings. Things like superweapons are also included, and air units are there as well, and they don't just sit there and drop an unlimited amount of bombs. (well, except for the Kirov, but that makes sense)

RA2 is far superior IMO, but GB will still be fun anyways.

Originally posted by darthfergie

...RA2 has crtoony units, etc...while it makes for a better game it doesn't improve the engine...

That's my beef with those games too, I hate the cartoon like graphics, I can't take those armies seriously when they waddle across the screen

Guest Tie Guy
Originally posted by darthfergie

The game might be better but not the engine...this thread is about the engine...

Exactly, we are saying that RA2 is better because of the engine. The engine is what effects the air units, and veterancy, and garissioning.

Besides, if you want to look at it that way, the supposedly "cartoony" graphics of RA2 are not because of the engine, but because of the artwork done.

Archived