Home

Will Sierra ever make another Adventure game?

1.21 Jigawatts?

You know if they do it will never be the same :(. By the time they killed off the King's Quest series, the final game had become action/adventure, and Space Quest 7: the Cancelled Adventure was muddled by people trying to make it something other than pure adventure. Sierra thinks that it has surpassed adventure titles, and I suppose the higher-ups felt it was bad for their image. Quite a shame laying all the great characters to rest in like that.

Originally posted by Dalixam

LSL 8 was going to be in 3D. They made a short test movie which is pretty funny.

Heh yeah I've seen it.

Wouldn't be so thrilled about GK4, the third one wasn't that great.

I haven't even finished it yet, and I've had it for years. ;)

I actually liked GK3 (I know, I know, I'm in a minority, but the engine was great and the contents weren't that bad...), so I'm wishing inherently for a fourth one... Probably unlikely, considering the sales of the third game.

Anyone knows what Jane Jensen is up to nowadays?

Originally posted by Snapcase

I actually liked GK3 (I know, I know, I'm in a minority, but the engine was great and the contents weren't that bad...), so I'm wishing inherently for a fourth one... Probably unlikely, considering the sales of the third game.

It's a shame that we are a minority (at least in Sierra's eyes). I loved GK3.

For my money, Jane's stories for the entire Gabriel Knight Series far surpasses anything else I've played. I am a big fan of history and religious mythology, and Jane use both well when she crafts her background stories. Many games have tried, but none have come close to the accuracy and depth of Jane's work. My gods, she even wrote two acts of an opera in German, matching the Wagnerian style, to parallel and accompany her Beast Within storyline.

Also, I really need closure on the Gabriel/Grace story. The last game sorta left us hanging there. (although, it's a little strange playing two characters who are sexually involved)

As for current events, she is writing novels. Here is her webpage:

http://www.janejensen.com/index0.html

The first game was best in my books too. Though the snake mound bit in the end with the mummies scares the hell out of me. ;)

Never played the second one, but I've heard the FMV (was it FMV? I forget) is a bit tacky.

The reason I never played GK3 that far was it didn't work that well on my old machine. Maybe I should give it a go.

Jane Jensen always took the current fad in Adventure Games and produced the easily best game out there. To me, Gabriel Knight 2 was the only FMV game that worked and Gabriel Knight 3 was the only real-3D adventure game (except possibly Normality) that both played and looked great. I myself love real-3D, Lucasarts should go for it too.

Originally posted by Snapcase

To me, Gabriel Knight 2 was the only FMV game that worked

I reckon the best FMV game was Spycraft, that was harsh, it was a kind of interactive movie as well which made it doubly amazing, most of those aren't worth tuppence.

spycraft 2 was gonna be made at some point but i think it was dropped

Archived