Home

grim fandiago secretes(sp?)

Jedi_Knight

Originally posted by Hel-ter

The whole idea of Manny and Meche is taken from Chinatown: just imagine the interrogating scene is Manny's office

The interrogating scene could be from any film noir movie for that matter. Meche is the femme fatale in Grim Fandango and the game keeps up with the film noir tradition by not actually revealing until the very end if the woman in question is actually all that innocent or not. As a huge fan of film noir, GF was a true feast for eyes, ears and mind. I actually hoped you would've had the option to switch into B&W mode, as in Sam & Max Hit the Road! ;)

Originally posted by Swordmaster

The interrogating scene could be from any film noir movie for that matter. Meche is the femme fatale in Grim Fandango and the game keeps up with the film noir tradition by not actually revealing until the very end if the woman in question is actually all that innocent or not. As a huge fan of film noir, GF was a true feast for eyes, ears and mind. I actually hoped you would've had the option to switch into B&W mode, as in Sam & Max Hit the Road! ;)

I always thought Eva was the femme fatale of Grim Fandango. I'm also a big noir buff (at least in my mind), and she stood out to me more than Meche in that respect. Meche, in my opinion, was more of a maiden-in-distress, although she did have her tough moments. Eva was always tough, and although she disappears in years 2 and 3, she still plays an important role in the game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hmmm another In-joke, at least I THINK it's an in-joke cause the whole move directly reminded me of Outlaws..

You see at the end..

*SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER*

Manny walks up to the door and Hector sprouts into flowers through the door..then Manny throws down his gun, turns around and walks away..

Now if anyone of you ever played Outlaws, it's very much the same style as Marshall Anderson walked away from..hmm I can't remember perfectly, could've been the first boss (Slim) or that Dr.Death villain in the mines. Anyway seriously; the moves look a like :)

I had another Outlaws reference, but I kinda forgot, maybe i'll remember it later again hehe :)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived