Home

who has the coolest sig around here

Uutont Fær Uulion

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Prinity

Remi took over the Scumm Bar and merged it with the Pibluff. He must be stopped, I tell you.

Nah, it's still run by Sky, and has the same updaters.

And whoever said that "Well WE (the more sencible and stable people) could easily start our own SCUMM Bar, in which would be much better then http://www.thescummbar.com/ ever was.". Heh. I wish you luck. Isn't this the same person who was gonna make Monkey Island 0 and make it a million times better than CMI?

Originally posted by remio

Oh, you'd love us to believe that, wouldn't you? Just admit it already! You've got Skyfox locked up in your basement doing whatever it is you're supposed to be doing all day while you take over his life!

Originally posted by Prinity

Oh, you'd love us to believe that, wouldn't you? Just admit it already! You've got Skyfox locked up in your basement doing whatever it is you're supposed to be doing all day while you take over his life!

Darn you meddeling kids, seeing through my diabolical schemes. Actually, I tend not to keep anything from Liverpool in my basement.

And whoever said that "Well WE (the more sencible and stable people) could easily start our own SCUMM Bar, in which would be much better then http://www.thescummbar.com/ ever was.". Heh. I wish you luck. Isn't this the same person who was gonna make Monkey Island 0 and make it a million times better than CMI?

Not any more, my plans have been foiled. Actually I just couldn't decide on how to authenticate it - I mean keep it 100% in line with MI1/2, I re-wrote the story a thousand times.... it ended up being about (shock-horror) Herman and Governor Marley Senior. Upon their sail to Monkey Island LeChuck (who's alive) ambushes the vessel and Herman (for one) dives over-board to Monkey Island. The rest is simple, since Herman never actually leaves Monkey Island. But in the process LeChuck dies and all truth is unravelled before Herman is able to share it with the world years of solitary leave him quite crazy.

But now that THE secret has been discovered I think a spoof is in order.

=mek=

Riff, I like the Emperor in your sig. ;)

Originally posted by Meksilon

But now that THE secret has been discovered I think a spoof is in order.

If you mean the 'secret' they revealed in EMI, that was bull.

LEC made that up. That's not Ron's secret.

Oh how I'd love MI3 made by him.

Originally posted by Navhead

If you mean the 'secret' they revealed in EMI, that was bull.

LEC made that up. That's not Ron's secret.

Oh how I'd love MI3 made by him.

I really should burn you alive for that, but instead I'll clarrify my position; after all you're only a head with a rather minor role in MI1: CMI/EMI suck, and they suck and they wouldn't keep constant with the original secret if you paid for it.

=mek=

Oh yeah... the secret.... well someone "evilboy" suggested that MI2 SHOWED you the secret and I pretty much agree. Guybrush and Chuckie ARE kids, etc.

http://pub6.ezboard.com/fdosuserforumsgeneraldiscussion.showMessage?topicID=382.topic

=mek=

I really should burn you alive for that, but instead I'll clarrify my position; after all you're only a head with a rather minor role in MI1: CMI/EMI suck, and they suck and they wouldn't keep constant with the original secret if you paid for it.

=mek=

Oh yeah... the secret.... well someone "evilboy" suggested that MI2 SHOWED you the secret and I pretty much agree. Guybrush and Chuckie ARE kids, etc.

http://pub6.ezboard.com/fdosuserforumsgeneraldiscussion.showMessage?topicID=382.topic

=mek=

Intriguing.

I liked CMI and EMI in their own rite, but they were in no position to carry the story on, that's where they failed. Otherwise great games, especially CMI (tbh not so fond of EMI really heh).

Oh well, I liked EMI and CMI, who the hell cares if they weren't consistant with a "secret" that only Ron Gilbert knows.

What bugs me is that most EMI bashers love CMI all of a sudden. I love CMI too, but EMI takes the games in a new direction and if you can't handle that, how could you handle MI2?

Originally posted by Trapezoid

Hel-ter:

What the hell... You have over 200 posts and your a Grog Master... yet I've never seen you post here. Whaat?

Those posts don't only count for Mixnmojo forums... he also posts at placed like the Grim Fandango Network and Sam and Max... so most of his posts are from there.

Oh well, I liked EMI and CMI, who the hell cares if they weren't consistant with a "secret" that only Ron Gilbert knows.

What bugs me is that most EMI bashers love CMI all of a sudden. I love CMI too, but EMI takes the games in a new direction and if you can't handle that, how could you handle MI2?

Perhaps because MI didn't change as drastically from 1 to 2, they just changed the style a bit. But from CMI to EMI, they changed from 2D to 3D, which I imagine bugs a lot of people.

Of course games have to evolve, and they evolve hand in hand with the technology. I think it's a good thing. Without it the games would've become a bit stale probably, even when the story did 'evolve'.

Just my 2 pence. :)

Originally posted by Navhead

they changed from 2D to 3D, which I imagine bugs a lot of people.

Of course games have to evolve, and they evolve hand in hand with the technology. I think it's a good thing. Without it the games would've become a bit stale probably, even when the story did 'evolve'.

True, but also, let's face it, Lucas Arts would have made a pitiful cash in if they made games for the old-faithfuls only, they need to appeal to more people and you just cant do that with 2 day these days - at least not while simultaneously expecting them to pay for it

Ron isn't the only one Trap. It's like Jurassic Park 3... while it made a fairly cool action movie it's **** compared to the last two - after all it's not an adaptaion of a novel. (And yes I have read the books).

If they made another "Hannibal Lecter" movie that wasn't based on a Thomas Harris novel, then there is NO way it could possibly compeate with the first 3 films.

I don't love CMI. How you ask... I answer. The sequal should be well defined and not an extention of the original. But at the same time it needs to be constant, and connected. CMI and EMI are not - think about making a movie "Scream 4" with no Sidney Prescot character.

=mek=

think about making a movie "Scream 4" with no Sidney Prescot character.

Quite frankly, the thought of making Scream 4 is one that induces violent vomiting - with or without Sidney Prescot

At least some of the monkey island games were worth seeing

If they made another "Hannibal Lecter" movie that wasn't based on a Thomas Harris novel, then there is NO way it could possibly compeate with the first 3 films.

=mek=

Invariably? I don't think you dictate whether something's good or not. Maybe we're on different ends of the spectrum here-- You hate EMI and CMI because they're not made by Ron Gilbert, I love them because they're Monkey Island games. So maybe we're both biased, but the difference is I'm enjoying the games, and you're being cynical. Opinions aren't provable either way, but I enjoy twice as many Monkey Island games as you do. So I win. :p

Besides, "Hannibal" sucked ass compared to the book. So that's a bad argument.

The argument is just: how can 130 page script ever be as good as a 600 page book? But Ridley Scott rules all his movies are cool! I've started "Do Androids Dram of Electric Sheep" and must say I don't expect it to be as good as the film "Blade Runner".

Trap I don't see anything special about Maniac Mansion or Loom - aren't they Ron Gilbert games? The main other LEC game I like is Sam and Max hit the Road, which I never compleated - one day I will.

=mek=

Archived