Home

Text adventure maker?

JollyRoger

Isn't qbasic and quickbasic the same thing?

anyway, you can make good text adventure with qbasic (quickbasic), and there is a program that converts .bas files to exe (can't remember it, i have it on a cd somewhere). Turbo Pascal is pretty simple and good too. I used to make text adventures with qbasic when i had 286. looong time ago.

Isn't qbasic and quickbasic the same thing?

No, QuickBASIC suceeded QBASIC.

anyway, you can make good text adventure with qbasic (quickbasic), and there is a program that converts .bas files to exe (can't remember it, i have it on a cd somewhere).

Yeah, I have that program - it's called QuickBASIC.

=mek=

You need to be VERY experienced to make a stable adventure engine in a Clickteam product... It's really designed for more action oriented genres.

AGS is great for adventures, but I still think you should do a text adventure. They're fun and easy to make (with the right tool), and good if you want to make an early draft version of a graphic adventure.

Originally posted by scabb

This engine SUX. Most games Ive played on this suck, like that Guybrush Power Melee game, god, who made that? whoever it is deserves the gas chamber... :D

that would be monkey-_ he's a friend of mine on other forums his website is at http://thanet1.tripod.com though there are other engines at clickteam.com other than klik and play and there are some pretty decent games you can make with them!

Archived