Home

How was Lord Of The Rings ?

scabb

Of course it's not going to be better than the book. I haven't finished reading the book though, so I can't make any comparisons.

I loved the movie. One of the best I've ever seen. It has a sort of old-film feel to it, without the poor image quality and outdated special effects.

It was great. I was already a huge Peter Jackson fan from his films The Frighteners and the excellent Heavenly Creatures. I haven't read the books, but I knew the film was in good hands. I can't wait to see future films by Jackson, not to mention the next two LOTR films.

It was very well-made and acted,

even Liv Tyler did a good acting job!

Although they got a lot of little things wrong from the book,

it all came together well, and it was never going to be a straight transition from the books.

Also, the scenery and sets are excellent, with CGI being blended in very subtlely.

I definately recommend it.

Originally posted by Flirbnic

Of course it's not going to be better than the book.

OK, stupid question, If you put an emphasis on the WAS though, then youll see that Ive heard it is better, but of course, I didnt believe it, and Im babbling now...

The Daily Star said it was bad....so it must be good.

Liv Tyler shouldnt really have been in it though... but I'm not the kind of person who'll get outraged over this. I remember the Spiderman fans got really angry because in the movie Spiderman shot the webbing from 'him'. They said that the web shooters showed Parkers scientific prowess ... That made me laugh, and now Im babbling again...

Im quite pissed off that Ive seen the same scenes from the movie aroundd 200 times.

Barry Norman gave it 7/10 and Harry Potter 8/10, BTW

It was a good adaption of the book. If you enjoyed the book, you'll probably enjoy the movie. IF you enjoyed the book...

This will get me flamed, but I am one of those that only liked the book. Yes, when I was young, it was the thing to say that you've read "Lord of the Rings" and "The Simillarian" (sp?). It was a pretentious attempt to sound smart. I did it, too.

But on reflection, it's not a great book. It has an interesting style, but it isn't a literary masterpiece. It's unnecessarilly long, and parts of "The Two Towers" and "Return of the King" are incredibly tedious...all those names...those tired battle scenes.

I have read the book ONCE all the way through, but I could NEVER do it again. Some parts I have re-read over and over (specifically, Sam and Smeagal scenes), but it's not a real page-turner, over-all.

So ...if you enjoyed the book, the movie is pretty good. I would rate the book 7.5/10. Incidently, "The Hobbit" gets an 8.5/10. I can re-read that book over and over and over.

(they left out one of my favorite lines from Gandalf, though)

Quoted from The Fellowship of the Ring:

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger

When I went to see LOTR on opening night it was one of those great experiences you rarely get at the cinema. The kind of experience only great movie adventures like Star Wars, Indy, and Back to the Future (to name only a few) can claim. The kind where the audience claps for the heroes, even if some of us only met them 2 hours earlier. :D This is the kind of experience the cinema-fans live for. Lord of the Rings was a fantastical adventure that will not be remembered by me for years to come because of the infamous books it was based on, or the infamous cult of fans that followed it, but because of the unparalleled experience it was to watch it - and for three hours, be swept into a fantastical new world.

Having read both The Hobbit and LOTR several times, I really liked the movie. Even though no movie can ever catch _all_ the details and history laid out in the books, The Fellowship manages to keep the story easily approachable while still retaining the sort of epic quality of it that keeps you in awe. The audio-visual presentation is top-notch and acting for most parts great, if not excellent. Middle Earth was presented on screen pretty much the way I imagined it, thanks to Mr. Tolkien's verbal skills (overly verbal, if you prefer...). And I really liked Liv Tyler, I thought she was the most elvish elf in the whole movie!

I don't feel like repeating myself over and over again (this is the third forum to which I'm jotting down my thoughts already), so I'll just skip to the bottomline which is that The Fellowship is a tremendous film which I've seen twice already and plan to see several times more in the weeks ahead. I'm looking forward to the sequels with great anticipation!

Yea. Movie was dope. I have am currently reading the books and am on the last one. I think a person who read the books will undoubtedly enjoy the movie more. The only thing I found somewhat odd is the soundtrack. At some moments the score just didn't do it for me. Seems like it didn't match the scene at some points. Go Figure, maybe it's just me. Anyways, I'm going to see it again for sure. If you haven't seen it i recommend you get your ass going.

Originally posted by JiveMonkey

Whoa whoa whoa speaking of Legolas (long blond haired elf with bow) that scene with him shooting down 4 or 5 orcs in a row is SIMPLY AMAZING. :D I couldn't help from clapping it's so cool

The scene near the end? Oh yeah, babe! That was so cool! I actually missed it the first time around but on the re-viewing catched it and cheered in my solitary state. :D

A superb film, it held true to the books for the most part, the only parts when it didnt was when it had to cut sections but there wasn't really any alternative - even with 3 hours of reel

i thought it was a much better adaptation than harry potter, i dunno what you lot think about that

Archived