Home

so what did everyone get for gifts?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WELLL!!!! To my memory I got:

• A bunch of DVDs (including Pee Wee's Big Adventure, 7 Faces of Dr. Lau, Nightmare Before Christmas, the Adventures of Baron Munchausen, the Time Machine, and more.)
  • A plasma-disc-thingy (Like the electric ball things from Spencers, only flat)
  • New copies of Grim Fandango and Infernal Machine
  • Pajamas
  • A couple board games
  • Money (about $70 I think... My neighbor gets about $200 each year, *grumble grumble*)
  • A cowbell

Etc.

I got....

-The Goonies DVD

-SW: Episode I DVD

-new LL Bean backpack

-Lord of the Rings book trilogy

-and gift cards to every store under the sun (I don't understand the point of gift cards....why not just give me cash instead of ensuring stupid stores good business....)

and I have a question: What is a disc-file?

I got my share of storebought trinkets, but these are my favorite Christmas gifts from this year:

- My daughter's face as she unwrapped her very first christmas present. (She turned 1 year old on the 11th of Dec)

- My face as she truely walked for the first time on Christmas morning, heading for the tree. Her previous record had been three accidental steps as she attempted to remain standing. This walk was intentional and a good ten feet non-stop.

- Her face as she ate/wore Christmas dinner, eating all the same things as the big folks, but in smaller portions.

- My face as she managed to beg three whole peices of pie away from the adults. (Who knew one kid could hold so much food?)

- My parents' and inlaws' faces when we came down to visit for the holidays.

- My wife's face as I kissed her under the mistletoe and told her how much I loved her.

- And my face when I kissed my daughter's cheek under the mistletoe only to find out she's teething again as she turned and bit my lip with a giggle.

Here goes:

• GameCube with: Rogue Leader, Super Smash Brothers Melee, and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 ;)
  • Buncha dress shirts with ties for school
  • Galactic Battlegrounds
  • Finaly Fantasy VII
  • Fallout Tactics
  • The Far Side 2002 Day Calendar, and the Harley-Davidson 12-Month 2002 Calendar
  • Spaceballs on VHS (old-school!)

That's about it... I probably forgot some but oh well!

well i made out ok. I got a snowboard civilization III, harry ptter for comp, monopoly tycoon for comp,and the weakest link for comp, plus a larger keyboard/organ and books including the honnit, lord of the rings, harry potter and some other book, and i got mario party 3! but ben you are an adult right? Not to sound insulting but normally i doin't find adults on forums. I'm glad people like you are around

Originally posted by Admiral Casaba the 3rd

Not to sound insulting but normally i doin't find adults on forums. I'm glad people like you are around

I am 18 Lupe, in fact quite a few people here are 18 or older, take for instance Remi-O.

How old are you?

=mek=

but ben you are an adult right? Not to sound insulting but normally i doin't find adults on forums. I'm glad people like you are around

I'm so old I fart dust, kid.

Just kidding. I am 29 and (physically anyways) I am an adult. But, I did play Maniac Mansion when it was a new release and before that I was into text and text/graphic adventures. After Maniac Mansion, I was hooked on Lucasfilms/LucasArts games and have remained a strong fan of adventure games in general. You can also find me in the planet quake forums as Gutter Rat (Which is also where I swiped this new avatar from... I like it.)

Originally posted by dark spirit

Blah Blah Blah... Boxing day... Pub... Blah Blah... Boxing day

Could you explain a little more to the people what Boxing Day is? I pretty much know, but it's always good to learn more of such delightful customs as days dedicated to discounts.

Originally posted by Darnn

Could you explain a little more to the people what Boxing Day is? I pretty much know, but it's always good to learn more of such delightful customs as days dedicated to discounts.

Boxing Day is the day of the year where more people then average die. Kind of sad.

=mek=

Originally posted by Lemon Head

originally, boxing day was about giving things (other than skin diseases) to those lovely monetarily-disadvantaged peasants.

Now it's a time to get drunk and moan about all the socks you got from your nan

You have a whole day dedicated to whining? Wow!

well i'm 15 and i'm very shcoked to see people 18 and older. Normally in a forum i expect mostly all teengaers. Well i don't have a job yet. And don't adults at the age of 29 have toher things to do thatn talk on forums? I mean i'm not trying to sound insulting again but don't yiu have a job and a wofe and freinds to tlak with and stufff in the real world? I mean where do find time to go on and internet forum and tlak about Escape from monkey island?

Originally posted by Meksilon

I am 18 Lupe, in fact quite a few people here are 18 or older, take for instance Remi-O.

How old are you?

=mek=

*Insert obvious joke about Remi's age here*

Originally posted by Prinity

You have a whole day dedicated to whining? Wow!

My whole life is dedicated for it! ;P

Archived