Home

so what did everyone get for gifts?

Originally posted by Admiral Casaba the 3rd

well i'm 15 and i'm very shcoked to see people 18 and older. Normally in a forum i expect mostly all teengaers. Well i don't have a job yet. And don't adults at the age of 29 have toher things to do thatn talk on forums? I mean i'm not trying to sound insulting again but don't yiu have a job and a wofe and freinds to tlak with and stufff in the real world? I mean where do find time to go on and internet forum and tlak about Escape from monkey island?

You really should proof-read your messages Lupe and make sure they make sence. So you're shocked to see people like me are you? What "better" things to do are there exactly?

Answer to your questions:

1. No I don't have a job (this is certianly not a better thing to do).

2. I'm 18, I don't have a wife although I do have a girlfriend (yes, being with her is much better then this forum).

3. Lupe... um are you saying you don't have friends? Of course I have friends, but that's all they are to me, they are friends and they are not like family.

And I prefer not to talk about Escape from Monkey Island, I like to talk about The Secret of Monkey Island and Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge because the games continue to facinate me.

=mek=

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Admiral Casaba the 3rd

well i'm 15 and i'm very shcoked to see people 18 and older. Normally in a forum i expect mostly all teengaers. Well i don't have a job yet. And don't adults at the age of 29 have toher things to do thatn talk on forums? I mean i'm not trying to sound insulting again but don't yiu have a job and a wofe and freinds to tlak with and stufff in the real world? I mean where do find time to go on and internet forum and tlak about Escape from monkey island?

Ok - fair assumption...

Here's the answer: I don't just hang out in forums, but IRC as well. I also run the world's biggest fansite for Full Throttle (also made by LucasArts), so my monkey island discussions usually fall second banana (pun inteded) to that game. Just because I have a wife and daughter doesn't mean that I am dead - just that I veg out in front of the PC the same way the "average" dad does with sports on tv or a do-it-yourself project.

I do not currently have a job (I was medically discharged from the military due to knee injury and get a monthly disability check that covers most bills), and I interact plenty with the "real world" by being a full-time college student working towards a bachelor's degree in English. (I also get GI Bill, which pays bills and leaves money left over as well)

BTW, don't just assume that games are for kids - kids don't make the ones from LEC. Just those adults who are kids at heart. Plus, my daughter (1 year old) likes to watch all "talkie" LEC adventures played out because she draws no real distinction yet between them and cartoons on TV.

Just because you're an adult doesn't mean you're busy all the time. I mean, Remi has a full-time job and wife and he's on 24/7.

Aside from that, I'm 17, extremely busy, and I still find time to go online for a couple minutes every day. Most days, anyway.

Plus, a lot of adults have office jobs. With computers. So instead of doing work they visit boards and stuff.

Not me though, I'm just 15 and don't have a job. I could if I wanted, but I just don't want to waste time behind the desk at Blockbusters and would prefer to find a more creative way to earn money. But that's another story.

Originally posted by Prinity

Just because you're an adult doesn't mean you're busy all the time. I mean, Remi has a full-time job and wife and he's on 24/7.

Aside from that, I'm 17, extremely busy, and I still find time to go online for a couple minutes every day. Most days, anyway.

I'm sure all of you guys in school/college/whatever are more busy than me.

back to topic..

the carneval of the damed in the MI2 ending must be a spell by LeChuck..

i mean elaine said: "I hope LeChuck didnt put a horrible SPELL on him." (SPELL even being written all capital letters)

hmm id love to see that overlay image of the carneval and booty isle, where's that to be found? :)

oh and CMI had some flaws and contradictions, but EMI mastered that ugly skill most...hey ill set up a new topic for all the contradictions, see if i missed out on any..

Originally posted by QueZTone

back to topic..

the carneval of the damed in the MI2 ending must be a spell by LeChuck..

i mean elaine said: "I hope LeChuck didnt put a horrible SPELL on him." (SPELL even being written all capital letters)

hmm id love to see that overlay image of the carneval and booty isle, where's that to be found? :)

oh and CMI had some flaws and contradictions, but EMI mastered that ugly skill most...hey ill set up a new topic for all the contradictions, see if i missed out on any..

Um... actually.. this was the gifts from Christmas thread, not the Secret of Monkey Island one ;).

I am 16 and I am the laziest sh*t in my town. My cable went down recently, and I almost passed out :D. No, I always have stuff like school/Youth Ministry/Boy Scouts/Etc. but I always have plenty of time to check on the forums. If my dad was into LEC Games, even with 3 kids and a wife he would still find time (and with his job it's pretty hard to find time for anything!)

i'm gad to hear i'm not the only 15 year old with no life. LOL:D

but i ebvy people who have game cube! ERRRRRRRR!:mad:

well... who the heck is Christopher Walken is he that Mental isane dud who i saw near the county fair? And what's with that pepsi diet twist commercial. ANd whose Barry Bostwick(actually he's the mayor of spin city But it's fun to ask!

That's an old picture of him... Christopher Walken is this creepy guy. He's been in a lot of movies, includin' Pulp Fiction and Sleepy Hollow... He also danced around in the video for Fatboy Slim's "Weapon of Choice". If you've ever even glimpsed a second of that video you should remember it.

Archived