Home

Internal Speaker Music

dark spirit

Beleive it or not the internal speaker produces digital sount, and unlike conventinal speakers it can make complealty constant decible leveles with the same pich at the same volume... which is what makes it special.

I once had a really good program that played any MIDI through the PC-Speaker, it's a shame that prog dosen't work on faster (FAT32?) systems.

=mek=

Originally posted by JollyRoger

i like it too, but i dont like how you cant control the volume, and its always loud

Aha! I WAS Right...

QuickView Ver. 1.02a

DOS based Multimedia viewer

No Windows is required!

Then again MIDI isn't listed...

- .VOC: through a Sound Blaster or the PC speaker

- .WAV: through a Sound Blaster or the PC speaker

...maybe in a diffrent version?

QuickView will run on any IBM PC compatible computer under DOS 3.0 or better with at least a 80286 processor. For viewing AVI files at least a 80386 processor is required. You must have a VGA card in your system. CGA, EGA and Hercules card are not supported. For Sound Blaster support you must have the Environment variable BLASTER set that contains port address, interrupt and DMA channel.

Anyway that's all I could dig up, I don't know the web address I just have the doc file! But WAV through the PCSPEAKER is even more useful... hehehehe

=mek=

I remember that my neighbour could play some stupid song about mushrooms through his pc speaker. This was like 500 years ago so I was really impressed. I had never heard real recorded sounds come out of a pc before.

What's weird though is that I didn't think it was cool at all when my brothers amiga did it over and over again. heh.

:deathstar

I remember that my neighbour could play some stupid song about mushrooms through his pc speaker. This was like 500 years ago so I was really impressed. I had never heard real recorded sounds come out of a pc before.

What's weird though is that I didn't think it was cool at all when my brothers amiga did it over and over again. heh.

:deathstar

I loved the old internal sounds. You can get them to work on all the old LEC games (upto Sam n Max, I think) by going into dos and typing the command line like this:

c:\cd dott

c:\DOTT\dott i

The 'i' at the end always works.

On some of the re-releases it doesn't work though, because they're all updated. On the CD version of SOMI there is no internal sounds. On the re-release of Indy: Last Crusade the original internal music has been replaced by the updated MIDI score. To access the original internal, you load tha game as shown above (obviously replacing 'DOTT' with 'INDY256')

Archived