Home

Ultimate LucasArts Soundtrack

QueZTone

Yes I would definitly love to have such a thing..

Maybe when mojo is up and running they can hold a petition for this?

The idea was to have a 1 or 2 cd album with one or two main themes of all the great adventure, action and starwars games (not too much starwars of course) on one album! I would definitly buy it!

Yeah! =]

Yes I would definitly love to have such a thing..

Maybe when mojo is up and running they can hold a petition for this?

The idea was to have a 1 or 2 cd album with one or two main themes of all the great adventure, action and starwars games (not too much starwars of course) on one album! I would definitly buy it!

Yeah! =]

You know, I think if you own the game its not really illegal to make a CD of the music, so long as you don't sell it or anything. Its really easy to convert MIDI into WAV with Winamp, you don't even need a plugin if its v2.7, and its even easier to make MP3's from WAV's. If you already own MI2, you could download the MIDI's from a mixnmojo site - Highland Productions or something - and make your own CD.

I know what you mean about the Monkey Island 2 soundtrack though - I already made my own soundtrack from it.

Originally posted by LucasTones

You know, I think if you own the game its not really illegal to make a CD of the music, so long as you don't sell it or anything. Its really easy to convert MIDI into WAV with Winamp, you don't even need a plugin if its v2.7, and its even easier to make MP3's from WAV's. If you already own MI2, you could download the MIDI's from a mixnmojo site - Highland Productions or something - and make your own CD.

I know what you mean about the Monkey Island 2 soundtrack though - I already made my own soundtrack from it.

Sure it's easy to convert MIDI to WAV. But not if you want it to sound really good like telarium's mp3-izations. Haven't you heard the Underground Tunnels Orchestral Remix?

No, I haven't heard any. I take it they are good? I think I nearly downloaded that tunnels one once, but isn't it about 6mb? That would take about an hour on my PC, and I don't usually stay on that long. I'll investigate though. Are they on Imuse Island, or Highland? or is it another site? Thanks.

So, Quez - you're into Loom? I love it. I only played it for the first time this year, and its so underrated.

No, I haven't heard any. I take it they are good? I think I nearly downloaded that tunnels one once, but isn't it about 6mb? That would take about an hour on my PC, and I don't usually stay on that long. I'll investigate though. Are they on Imuse Island, or Highland? or is it another site? Thanks.

So, Quez - you're into Loom? I love it. I only played it for the first time this year, and its so underrated.

I think it's on Highland. Get it! There's also a remix of Governor Phatt's music, but it's not as good as the tunnels one.

Yo yo yo yo, how do you convert MIDI to WAV using winamp??????????? Please responed, or email me JackTheGaffer@hotmail.com

Ho ho ho!

I thought everyone knew this: You need to go into your input plugins and double click 'Winamp 2 MIDI plugin'.

After this, from the dropdown list select 'Microsoft Synthesiser' - see how it says 'output: yes'? Thats what you need. Maybe some of your other MIDI devices have output too. Now go to your output plugins, and set up the disk writer. Easy.

(If there are problems with the sound quality when you do this, fiddle with the settings within the input plugin control panel.)

Mail me for more help, or if you need me to mail you the correct input plugin.

A cd of Lucas arts adventure game music would be cool, but personally i feel it would be soooooooo much better if all of the tracks were fully orchestrated so that they sounded like GF, CMI, and EMI style music.

MIDI is all fine and dandy, but a commercial CD needs that little bit extra

Being a long-time fan of LucasArts music, I can nothing but agree with you all. I'd love to see a compilation album with re-orchestrated music from their games, or better yet a whole series of reorchestrated albums, one for each adventure. I'd die to hear a real symphony orchestra perform some of their finest pieces live -- been my wet day dream for years already. :D And yes, Monkey 2 would definitely be at the top of the list, along with Fate of Atlantis.

Luckily, we have official soundtracks for The Dig, Outlaws and Grim Fandango. :)

(Tel, if you are reading this: any more reorchestrated tracks coming in the near future?)

Originally posted by QueZTone

the soundtrack of Outlaws which was as audio tracks on the game cds, was it actually also released as a just audio tracked cd soundtrack? So i mean the soundtrack as a seperate cd, seperate product.

Yes, there was a separate album release too. I believe it was only given out as a bonus from the LucasArts Company Store; I got my copy off of Ebay. The music itself is identical to what appeared on the game CDs, I believe, and the cover leaflet only features a few lines from Clint Bajakian so you don't get much extra value with the release. Still, it's a nice album. :)

Archived