Home

Sam and Max t-shirt and a song

Exeus Chakan

hello everyone! this will be my first time posting anything on the message board! I've been a big fan of Sam and Max ever since the cartoon came on Fox a few years ago. I have the Hit the Road PC game, and I recently bought all three videos from videoflicks.com. but, yeah, i know, all the episodes aren't there! i really liked the one about the Glazed McGuffins! LOL! anyway, I was reading about some of the merchandise available for the Freelance Police. if the t-shirt is still available, where can I get one? I'd really like to add that to my collection! also, I remember an mp3 that I downloaded several months ago from napster (which is dead now...heh heh) that was titled the Sam and Max Disco Mix. it had cool assortments of voices from the PC game and a wierd techno background beat. but, me and my stupid self lost the blasted mp3, and i've been searching for it ever since about september. i know it's out there, and i know other people have it because i can recall a few others downloading it from my computer. i'm glad i finally found this website about a week ago, because maybe you can help me out with the questions i have. it's good to see other fans of Sam and Max!!!

Originally posted by Exeus Chakan

...Sam and Max Disco Mix. it had cool assortments of voices from the PC game and a wierd techno background beat...

Yep, that's a good one. It was made by Trapezoid, a Mixnmojo forum regular. Snuckey's has it up for downloading purposes, so you can relive those magical moments.

"Hey Max....

Max....

Max........"

Hehe, yes, Bart K is awesome. Snuckey's also hosts the Freelance Mix with permission. I highly recommend checking out the rest of his music, though.

EDIT: Hmm, the link isn't working for Bart's MP3 at Snuckey's, so just pick it up at his site. I'd fix it, but the login for Snuckey's was recently changed. *grumbles*

ALRIGHT! thanks guys! I just got finished hearing the disco mix! that just made my day 100% perfect. i'll check out the other 2 songs in a little while. thanks for the warm welcome to the Sam and Max fan club! oh yeah, I forgot to mention, I have the Sam and Max special edition comic. the one where they go on vacation and do a bunch of insane stuff. well, i've been reading about the stuff regarding the video game...I just hope it turns out to be good! it's great to see Sam and Max getting another push into the entertainment industry. maybe now everyone will bow down to the craziness of the Freelance Police!!!!

Shoving and proving how much STEVE PURCELL IS SUCH A GREAT GUY, out of all of that he gave me a 15% discount on the 2 comic strips with the t-shirt, JUST BECAUSE and i only paid for the 2 posters, 2 comic strips and t-shirt, everything else FREE

STEVE PURCELL IS A GREAT MAN!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by SyntheticGerbil

What exactly does McGuffin mean? I've heard it outside the Sam and Max universe.

From The MacGuffin Guide To Detective Fiction

WHAT IS A MACGUFFIN?

The term "MacGuffin" was used by Alfred Hitchcock in a lecture given at Columbia University in 1939 to describe the element that ignites a story. It was inspired by writer Angus MacPhail whom Hitchcock had known since the beginning of his film career in the 1920s.

In a story about two Scottish men in a train, one man asks the other what is in a package in the overhead luggage compartment. The man responds:

"It's a MacGuffin."

"What's a MacGuffin?"

"A device for hunting tigers in Scotland."

"But there are no tigers in Scotland."

"Well then, it's not a MacGuffin is it?"

A MacGuffin can be anything -- money, uranium, revenge, respect, jewels, freedom, or a parking space -- that causes a conflict between characters. It may be mythical or material. Hitchcock's favorite was "state secrets" because it was so etherial.

The only purpose of the MacGuffin is to elicit desire and begin the action. Once the story is in motion, the MacGuffin loses its importance and may be completely forgotten by the reader. It is in this sense we named The MacGuffin Guide to Detective Fiction, a collection of all the bits and pieces of information that intrigue and excite, but are completely unimportant as soon as you start reading.

Note:

Two other spellings of "MacGuffin" are common. "McGuffin" is the OED's preferred spelling, probably due to the practice of shortening all names beginning with "Mac."

"Maguffin" is probably a phonetic mis-spelling.

Thanks, Isaac.

But that 3 handed Sam poster came from a FOX Kids magazine. I threw it away because it was more of an activity than a poster because you had to find everything that was wrong with it.

I've been waiting 3 years for that Scruff McGruff comic... man, you'd think they would have an address, unless they take up the whole zip code themselves.

• 4 weeks later...

And how would we be going about e-mailing him???? I have chash in hand to give him.

Originally posted by Exeus Chakan

"guff" means "crap". it's mentioned on the back of the sam and max video boxes. they don't take any crap...oops, we mean, guff...from anybody. it goes something like that. so, i guess McGuffin is just a word with guff in it...i guess...hehe.

Originally posted by GrimJackel

For the shirt, you have to go to San Diago Con and Meet STEVE PURCELL or e-mail him and order from him one.........HES THE BEST!!!!!!!! :max::sam:

Just asking about what Jackel said. I won't be able to get out to Comic Con. I've e-mailed him before (I'll have to dig for the address again) and he mailed me a drawing of Max he did for me, a really great guy. I'm just interested in buying a t-shirt or something and wanted to know if I had to e-mail him directly or is there some other mailing he would prefer.

I like free crap, BUT I HAVE MONEY! I want to give my money to Steve.

Originally posted by SyntheticGerbil

Um.. I think everyone here is feeling apprehensive about you guys hassling him for loot. Just go to the Comic Con or something, I doubt he will take his time just to send you guys some less memorable memorabilia.

Archived