Home

No formation or defensive stance icons

Halo

Hello,

I am having a problem whereupon clicking on a military unit, none of the various stance, formation, follow, defend, etc, icons appear on the bottom left of the screen, as they are supposed to. I only have the "garrison in building" icon.

Any ideas of what this might be? I emailed Lucasarts but so far have no reply. I vaguely suspect it may be an issue with the video card (DirectDraw or something). It is an ATI Radeon 64 DDR with the most recent drivers. I've already tried de-installing and re-installing the program with no luck.

Any suggestions appreciated...TIA

Well it turns out I must be blind and retarded. On the mini-map screen there is a "+" button that turns advanced commands on and off. That was all I needed to fix that little problem.

Just in case some other nimrod has this problem... :)

Heheh. Just to ease your mind, you are not the only one who had this happen. I set AoK to do advanced commands the day I installed it, and had them ever since. When I fired up GB, then, and didn't see the advanced stuff, I was a bit mystified as well... It had been many months since the first time I played AoK, and I forgot there even was a setting different from the advanced one.

Oh well, hopefully this thread will help some others like us :)

Archived