Home

LucasArts Merchandise (the adventurer)

QueZTone

Okay I would love to see some of the old merchandise LucasArts produced and sold during the release of the old adventure games. (its really a shame they don't have The Adventurer anymore with all the merch!)

So if anyone has Lucas merch, please post a pic of it, I'd love to see it.

("all i got is this Tshirt" (mi sweater), lucasarts cobblestone longsleeve and the lucasarts bottleopener)

I'm especially interested in seeing game related merch :)

p.s. I thought Mojo was going to put up all Adventurers?

I have some copies of The Adventurer (two earlier ones in the newspaper format and some in the later A5 size), posters for Rebel Assault 2 and Fate of Atlantis, an EMI coaster (uh, beermat) and postcard (cheers Remi!), soundtracks for The Dig, Outlaws and Grim Fandango, LucasArts baseball cap, The Dig novelization, Fate of Atlantis comic series (four issues) and a Grim Fandango cardboard stand. That's about it, I think.

I'd be happy to scan it in for you. It'll be up this time in a week (I'm doing exams you see.)

I was really suprised, not to say pleased, when I got my 'volume 1 issue 1' adventurer. You see, I suddenly woke up with a burning desire to own the original boxed copy of loom. The UK ebay proved useless (as it nearly always does) so I turned to the USA. I bought the said item for 6 (SIX!!) Dollars, because it was on 5.25 disks. Strange as it may sound, I prefer it that way because (a) less people want to buy it, and (b) you know its really old. Inside, to my delight was the game, the audio cassette of the background to the story, and all the manuals. And then, under the cardboard inlay I found the Adventurer magazine no 1! As you know, it was only released in the USA, and I had never even seen one, let alone owned one. It wasn't even on the ebay description either! Bargain.

I have the Dig novelisation too, its pretty good. I really want the soundtracks, I'm looking on Ebay all the time. The Dig one crops up from time to time, but I'm always outbid, and the Grim Fandango one is never on. Schmatz, you'll know that a rare item is the prima official hint guide to the dig. That was on ebay once too, but I was outbid.

Another thing I have which you could only get with the really old copies of Monkey Island are the 'Dial-a-Pirate' and 'Mix-n-mojo' (sound familiar?) wheels. They're cool, but using them does get on your tits after a while.

Originally posted by LucasTones

I was really suprised, not to say pleased, when I got my 'volume 1 issue 1' adventurer.

Me too. :) I got it indirectly from Ebay, from someone who was selling old LucasArts software and had some extra copies of The Adventurer when I contacted him/her. He/she was kind enough to send me a copy of the first issue for a minimal fee even though I didn't bid on any of the items.

I got my copy of the Loom from Ebay for a bargain price, too. Complete with audio drama on cassette, illustrated manuals and all that of course. :D

Basically, you are more likely to own LucasArts stuff if you live in the USA. Thats where all the stuff was released.

I guess a load of this stuff has become 'rare' because it was only produced with the intention of advertising the game, and then when it stopped selling all the posters were thrown away. No-one would have thought it would have an element of collectability to it in the future. And the posters they sold at LucasArts, I reckon (only my opinion) that they stopped makin those because people didn't buy them. I mean, who would apart from us lot?

The gamestore owners in New Jersey really tick me off. I always ask them, when they are done with them, if they could call me so I can have the stand/poster/display for a game. But, insteadd they just throw it out. They threw out a Half-Life one on me, and I have a feeling I won't be getting the Rogue Leader one I reserved :mad: I wish I lived closer to the stores so I could bug them every day.

Archived