Home

Game Freezes all the Time

Gungan_Reble

Hi guy's can anyone help me ive just got my new

system up and running(wish ide never botherd).

I had no trouble with the game on my old system,

but on my new one it Freezes up all the time.

I am running a K7S5A motherboard

an AMD Athlon T/Bird 1.6Ghz cpu

Geforce 2mx 200 64 mb Graphics card

Soundblaster Live sound card

384 mb RAM

40 Gb Hard drive.

can any one help me out :mad:

I don't have quite that much of a system, but close. You are correct to wonder why you are having problems, since you are so far beyond the minimum requirements.

My system has never crashed, but in some games, when there were lots of units around, the animations would start to choke and get "jerky." I tried diong a Windows update (which did utterly no good, surprise surprise), and then I went to the sound card and video card vendor's websites. They had newer drivers than I had installed. I grabbed and installed those, rebooted the machine, etc. Since then, I have not ever had the jerky behavior in the animation again.

I recommend making sure you have all the newest drivers from windows and from your video and sound card vendors.

Guest IdLe_WorkeR

The SiS 735 chipset, which is in the K7S5A, is suspected of having some problems in the memory subsystem. In addition to updating your sound and video drivers, also make sure you have the latest bios from ECS. Also check the sis website, in case there is something relevant there.

To check your memory subsystem, download and run the program memtest86 from this URL: http://www.teresaudio.com/memtest86/

Check out one of the good forums on the web regarding the K7S5A; Anandtech will probably have lots of posts regarding that board.

Originally posted by IdLe_WorkeR

The SiS 735 chipset, which is in the K7S5A, is suspected of having some problems in the memory subsystem. In addition to updating your sound and video drivers, also make sure you have the latest bios from ECS. Also check the sis website, in case there is something relevant there.

To check your memory subsystem, download and run the program memtest86 from this URL: http://www.teresaudio.com/memtest86/

Check out one of the good forums on the web regarding the K7S5A; Anandtech will probably have lots of posts regarding that board.

Sorry Ive taken so long to reply im at work most of the time

thank you for the tip's IdLe_WorkeR I will take your advice

and check my board out ;)

Archived