Home

The greatest thing that was ever on the internet.

C Shutt

I found this while searching through Google's archives of the aus.tv Usenet group.

"From: mrblonde

Subject: Russell Gilbert- top guy! (Warning: five letter word)

Here's my brush with greatness:

Was in the Virgin Megastore in Melbourne and saw that jolly fellow, Russell,

buying a game for his PC. His method of purchasing is throwing the game on

the counter (literally). He then threw his credit card at the bemused

salesperson without a word. The body language was pure arrogance. I found it

amusing that he plays off his loveable larrican character on TV, yet acts

like a total prick in real life.

Anyone else want to share an experience with a celebrity?

Regards

Mr Blonde."

!!!

I once saw Dawn French and Lenny Henry in Disneyland. It was in Florida, in the 'Tower of terror' gift shop. I saw her first, and didn't really think it was her, because she would be with Lenny if she was on holiday. Then I looked around and I saw him. So it was them after all. Thier kid Billy was there, cos she said 'Billy' to a kid with them.

The film, The Lost World: JP:2, was filmed near where I live (Fern Canyon). I was working at the hotel that the actors and director stayed, as the van-driver. After they finished filming, they invited the staff of the hotel to their cast party.

That's right, I was in the same room as Steven Spielberg, Kate capshaw-Spielberg, Jeff Goldblum, Julianne Moore, and others that I can't remember.

Goldblum was the friendliest...and boy, can he play a piano. Capshaw was the most stand-offish (I will refrane from calling her a B...... ). I didn't get to really meet Moore...too bad, because she turns me on. :D All in all, though, it was pretty cool.

Archived