Home

Outlaw of handguns

Heavyarms

Well, after watching a law and order episode where the guy changes a pistol from a semi auto to a auto, and showing how many bullets he shot, I thought I would type this.

Do we really need handguns? Think about it. What do we use them for? What can a person get from a handgun? Protection? Security? Use as a weapon of murder or mass murder or suicide? What purpose do they serve, besides to kill people or animals senselessly. (Note: this does not pertain to shotguns or hunting rifles.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude you don't wanna start one of these kind of threads, I have before. These kind of threads start off good but they turn into flame wars. But anyways, I state my opinion, I think that hand guns shouldn't be outlawed because they serve the law abiding citzen with a way to defend themselves. Also, I like guns, and I live out in the woods down south away from civilization so I don't have to put up with these kind of debates.:)

[edit] I wanted to strangle you to Clefo, and Darthfegie too.[/edit]

I'm only 13, but my dad considers his guns to be my guns so I, we, own 4 SKS, 2 which are modified, SKSes are basically AK-47s that are semi-auto only, and we own a stainless steel 9mm, a .243 bolt action rifle, a .270 bolt action rifle, a .223 semi auto rifle, a 20 gauge pistol grip shotgun, a .22 pistol, and some others but I can't remember them all right now, but the 9mm and the .22 pistol are the only pistols that we own that I know of.

[edit] we also own a M11, which looks just like the ingram off of Max Payne except it's semi auto.[/edit]

[edit]That's true gaming nut.[/edit]

Its actually "If guns were outlawed, only outlaws will have guns"

I don't care if Law Abiding citizens have guns (Although the Defending oneself crap gives me chills) Its the un-law-abiding citizens that shouldn't touch a gun...

It sounds sick but it's better a gun used a crime is bought legaly since it will leave a papaer trail if gun are outlawed drug dealers wil take up the slack and we wouldn't be able to find out where they came from or who bought them.

As rare as illegal drugs is an oximoron.

Many guns used today in crime are bought on the black market so shutting down the gun store will slow it at frist but not for long.

I can see the rifles and hand guns but their's no reason to have any version of an AK-47 it was made to kill people.

Heavyarms, the nearest police station is about 20 minutes from our house, if someone broke into our house the police wouldn't get here in time and if it's a murderer or someone intent on killing, then we would have plenty of firepower to take out him and any other thugs that he brings with him, and we live out in the woods, and there's a lot of critters out here like wild Russian boar, wolves, bobcats, all kinds of critters. Also, we use a couple of the rifles for hunting too. And that really isn't a lot of guns, we have friends who have a lot more than that.

What makes you think someone will break into your house? If you need to protect yourself, why so many guns? A good pistol can take someone out easily...

Well if you think about it, if they took away guns for no reason that would just be ONE of the MANY civil liberties violated by this Administration (I hate you George!)

Gaming nut, the SKS is a AK-47 that's semi-auto only, so it can kill people, so can any gun, but the only trait that the SKS has that's similar to the AK-47 is the durablity and the looks, that's all. Also, the 30 round clip that comes with the AK-47 isn't even made with the SKS anymore, all the SKS has now is a 8 round clip, but one of our modified SKS has a 30 round banna clip like the AK-47.

Only 8???

Gee...that is pretty pitiful considering the 45 my Uncle has uses a 15 round clip standard...(yes it is a little old)

As for my parents...I don't know if we have a gun at all. Don't care for them...If you want to dig up my old arguements sure. But I'm not saying anything. I tried to not get into a war last time and before I knew it I was in one...so Clefo you might want to get out of this too...and X-wing Guy...

Actually, one shot with a .45 won't stop a big charging boar, and it'll take more than one shot from a bolt action too, sure one shot will kill it, but not very quick. Obivously gaming nut you have no or very little experience with wild boar, a boar can charge you and kill you even if you do get a shot off at it, unless you have a big gun like a .300 magnum, now that could stop a big boar in one shot.

Clefo, what rights have the current adminstration violated? Excuse me if I'm misinformed, remember I do live out in the woods.:)

Archived