Home

Outlaw of handguns

Heavyarms

I still don't see why people think they need to protect themselves... A good 2 by 4 can do that....

I live in one of the more crime ridden cities of America, all sorts of bad stuff going on... BUT I don't need to protect myself! I am perfectly safe and my home...

If you're in the mob, have blood enemies, or see the same suspicious person out your window in a car polishing an axe, Then you may want to take matters into your own hands..

Certainly X-Wing:

1. There's the Airport security thing. You can get pulled over at random places if you look suspicious to them, thing is THEY DON'T HAVE TO TELL YOU! This falls under the area of knowing why you were arrested...

2. There's also that thing in Michigan of the government taking Middle Eastern men without warrant and questioning them....

3. The government iteself isn't doing this but: I think those jingoistic people (Look it up if you don't know what it means) forgot that we can say whatever the hell we want! I don't like saying the Pledge of Alligeince, but whenever I try to explain this to someone they say that I don't belong in America!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clefo, never take a knife to a gun fight, or in this case, never take a 2 by 4 to a gun fight, now not all thugs come with a gun, most don't and can't nowadays cause of the instant background checks. But what I'm trying to say is, you don't charge a guy with a shotgun when you have a 2 by 4.

Well, i hate to get involved in any debate situations, but the answer to this for Americans at least, is the 2nd ammendment.

We, as americans, have the right to own a gun as long as it is bought legally and you do not use it without a license. So, why in the world would we ever deny ourselves one of our primary rights, those listed in the Bill of Rights. Now, in order to outlaw guns, you would have to make an ammendment repealing the 2nd ammendment, and that simply isn't ever gonna happen. Why? No one in their right mind would consider proposing to overturn a right from the bill of rights, for such an ammendment has NO chance of passing both congress and 3/4 of the state legislature or conventions.

So, it simply comes down to this: whether you want guns outlawed or not, its not gonna happen, as it is a basic right of all americans.

I have a friend who has, personally, about 40 or so guns or various types. He keeps ammo for them under his bed. He's a sophomore. Yet, he is perfectly normally and has no intentions of killing anyone. So, why should he have his guns taken away simply because SOME people are misusing them.

You could say the same thing about cars. Many people die every year because of car accidents, many due to neglegence. So, because some people are misusing cars and hurting people, we should outlaw them. Oh, and baseball bats can be misused too, so we should outlaw them as well. Oh, and any heavy object can be used to kill, we should outlaw all heavy things also. Doctors kill many people each year, they should be thrown in jail and their hospitals and schools should be shut down....etc. Get my drift?

But so many countries that I consider more "Civilized" have stricter gun laws, and as an effect, lower crime rate.

For Example: Japan, now in the late 16th century they fought many a bloody war, but today they have very strict gun laws, and lower crime rate.. Although that may be because the penelty for any crime in Japan is severe... Damn backfired on me...

I don't care what you say: Firearms cause more problems than solve them. I think we in America make this into a too big an issue due to Amendment number 2. I mean if you talk to someone from say Japan and mention guns: They'll say "Ha! We don't have a problem with them! With did away with them! And look what happens! We make better cars than you!"*

*This statement is based on something the author heard from someone else...

Thing is in Japan when they outlawed guns few people had um. In the U.S. many do if they outlawed them most people would give them up the militia might fight. But most of them aren't hard-core enough to fight. However it's not them that’s the problem a hood selling coke off the Conner won't give a sh*t what Washington say and will keep his gun so will any other criminals so while we don't have gun the criminals still will. They can make crystal meth in a trailer. If they need to I bet they could machine smooth bore pistol and shot guns since we won't have gun they won't need anything better.

99% of people that buy a gun who have no record will not use the gun to kill someone. Hell soon accident could be a thing of the past newer gun are having computer built in so they can only fire when a transmitter is behind it the transmitter is worn by the owner the plan is to make it a ring so the gun can't fire unless he's holding it.

Even now accidents with people that own 40 guns are fewer then a guy that has one. A kid should be taught what a gun is and what it can do if the parents own one. Parents shouldn't hide it away kid's are one thing curious if they don't know what something is they want too and they get hurt because they don't know about guns and don't know what it can do. If a kid has a gun around it should be just like drugs show and tell them what it can do don't hide it away then they want to know about in the drugs cause they'll use them in the guns case they may find it play with and badly injury them selves or worse.

Wasnt Al Gore gonna take your guns away? Surely the argument that it allows the American citizen to defend themselves is redundant, as it just makes guns an awful lot easier to acquire for those up to no good. As a Brit it seems crazy to make guns so readily available, guns are illegal here, and we have next to no gun crime compared to you guys.

I was appalled when I heard that part of G W Bush's campaign was to go door to door and talk about how if Al Gore was elected he would take away your handgun! Surely it increases paranoia and social unrest, or in X Wing guys situation, an excuse to compensate for a small...hhhmmm well you gotta wonder!

Cant see them ever being banned now, its too much a part of your wonderful culture. :o

Well, they are being too much of our cultural in a bad way. We need to stop them from being used. What about those kids that show off a gun, and then accidentally shoot it at someone and kill them? How many of those happen? Hundreds, thousands a year? Xwing guy, why do you need guns with 30 round clips anyway? What does it accomplish for you?

I am speaking from a very personal experiance. When I was in Junior High (8th grade) me and 3 friends went to our friend Rob's house after school. Now he didn't hunt but his father did (his father is also a minister), none of the rest of us hunted either. One of my friends noticed Rob's dad's gun collection and asked to look at it. Rob took one of the rifles down off the wall and we gathered around to look at the "cool" rifle. It seems kind of a blur form there, but the gun was loaded unbeknownst to us, and it went off shooting Rob in the chest. Rob's parents weren't home and one of my friends gathered enough thought and strength to call for an ambulance, but it was too late by the time the ambulance arrived Rob had died in our arms. It forever changed my life.

To this day, I can't hunt and I find it very hard to even touch a gun, even though my job requires it from time to time. It's been 10 years now, and I still remember it vividly... the blood, the sound of Rob trying to breathe, my friends sobbing and screaming. I remember having to tell Rob's parents what happened. I look back, and no one can tell me that a gun is necessary to have in one's house. I believe that to keep a gun in your house is ask for someone you care about to be hurt. This is just my own opinion, you are entitled to your own, and if you feel it "necessary" to own a gun and store it in your home. Please... PLEASE!! take every precaution and safety measure you can to ensure your safety and that of those you love.

Sorry havoc......

but my veiws on guns are all pro

however my big brother (who has shoot himself in the foot when he as 9) forbids me to use a gun unless he is there and won't let me have one untill i can prove responisble enough to use a weapon like that

i think thats how it should be -no kid get a gun untill he is a lest 15 or more and can prove he can welid such a dngerous weapon

I just simply cant understand why anyone would want a gun anywhere near them! Guns are symbols of death and destruction, I know that may sound melodramatic, but really I find it hard to draw any postive aspects on them. If it is security reasons, then the USA is one seriously messed up country, if you walk around in that much fear than I how can you preach on about freedom and liberty, cuz it sounds to me like it dosnt exist.

Originally posted by captain_drake

Sorry havoc......

but my veiws on guns are all pro

however my big brother (who has shoot himself in the foot when he as 9) forbids me to use a gun unless he is there and won't let me have one untill i can prove responisble enough to use a weapon like that

i think thats how it should be -no kid get a gun untill he is a lest 15 or more and can prove he can welid such a dngerous weapon

You don't have to apoligize to me. You have the right to your own opinion. All I'm saying is to please be careful if you choose to have guns in your home. Believe me, you don't want to have happen to you what happened to me and my friends.

just be careful, that's all I'm saying.....

I can't stress that enough....

Originally posted by Clefo

But so many countries that I consider more "Civilized" have stricter gun laws, and as an effect, lower crime rate.

For Example: Japan, now in the late 16th century they fought many a bloody war, but today they have very strict gun laws, and lower crime rate.. Although that may be because the penelty for any crime in Japan is severe... Damn backfired on me...

I don't care what you say: Firearms cause more problems than solve them. I think we in America make this into a too big an issue due to Amendment number 2. I mean if you talk to someone from say Japan and mention guns: They'll say "Ha! We don't have a problem with them! With did away with them! And look what happens! We make better cars than you!"*

*This statement is based on something the author heard from someone else...

Your right, this backfired on you. In japan and china and many other non-democracies over there in the far east.....they litterally kill common criminals and gun users especially. And the worst thing is, they oftentimes steal their organs from their murdered bodies. The reason for low gun crime in those areas isn't because they did away with the guns, its because they literally did away with the people.

In america, we believe in punishment that fits the crime, not death to all who oppose and disobey us. We have rights in America, and those rights serve to limit the government and empower the people. Many places take guns away from people to dis-empower the poeple, because they feel rebellion of their harsh rule. Doing that is not treating citizens like a government should and is supposedly designed to do.

Now, this may have been a different issue if guns had been taken away before they were widely spread, but take guns away from people now, and you simply take the power from the law abiding, government consenting people and give it to the criminals and lowlifes of our country.

Oh, and show me the overall crime rate statistics between those countries and ours. We may be higher in one area, but that doesn't convince me if their kniving murders are way above ours.

BTW, i'm very sorry for you Havoc...

Thank you all for your kind words and condolences. It was ten years ago and I have dealt with it and moved on... to a point.

To those of you who would say that taken away handguns from the general populus would give power to the criminals who "gained" illecit accress to handguns consider this. I would gladly have my possesions stolen at gunpoint and my insurance would pay for them, than to have my child or wife hurt in an accidental shooting. Most criminals are not trying to kill you, they know all to well the consequences of murder, they are scaring you into a non-retalitory state so they can rob you without you fighting back. Only reason someones gonna come into your house with intent to kill you, is if you are involved in some sort of shady activities and/or you provoked the action. Either way, I can see why you would want a gun. It is also common knowledge that if you present an armed robber with a weapon of your own, than both of you will become like an animal backed into a corner, the tension will escilate into a shooting match. You present someone with a weapon and place them in a situation of duress and their abilities to make rational decisions have become impaired due to the duress, then the situation will most likely digress to where triggers are pulled.

Law enforcement officials have said time and time again, if you are in a situation where a criminal tries to rob you, don't be a hero, let them have what they want, they aren't gonna shoot you unless you fight back. Your homeowners insurance will cover any losses of possessions, and besides you can later pick the person out of lineup and testify against them, dead men make lousy witnesses. If you are a woman afraid of rape, pepperspray and a personal alarm system will work even better than a gun, and costs alot less.

Their are alternatives to placing largely dangerous weapons in your home where children and loved ones can be hurt. Statistics say that if you have a gun in your home your are 10 times more likely to shoot a family member before you shoot a robber (mistaking a kid getting a midnight snack for a robber in the dark etc). That is my stance, again you are entitled to your own...

Originally posted by Tie Guy

Your right, this backfired on you. In japan and china and many other non-democracies over there in the far east.....they litterally kill common criminals and gun users especially. And the worst thing is, they oftentimes steal their organs from their murdered bodies. The reason for low gun crime in those areas isn't because they did away with the guns, its because they literally did away with the people.

Your knowledge is very sketchy. Japan is a democracy, whilst there is some debate as to how much power the corparates hold over them, you could also apply that to most western countries and especially the U.S. They are a fully civilised country, I don't think many of them would take kindly to what you just said about them.

I agree with duder japan is a great place

but if youre asking a texas man like myself to give you my gun i am going to say ywo words **** you although i do not own one

me and my brother have a good time hunting and skeet shoothing and targert partice

i am very sorry for what happend havoc

just let it be known guns don't kill people people kill peolpe

i mean how many times has a gun all by itself laying on the bed

shot someone just walking into the room

sorry but gun shooting is the only thing me and my brother and uncle hve fun with so if i offend anyone please say so and i will make amands

Archived