Home

Outlaw of handguns

Heavyarms

I certainly hope you don't think I'm flaming, Heavyarms. I have merely pointed out the grave injustice that XWING GUY has commited against a dear friend who has passed on. I simply require an apology from the above said member. I have not called anyone any names, or cursed them or told them to go anywhere. I simply require an apology in proxy for my departed friend.

As far as steeper penalties for crimes committed with the use of a handgun, I agree. For Murder though, there is only one acceptable sentence, death. Keep in mind that does not include manslaughter. If they can prove it was not premeditated and without intent to kill, then they should not get sentenced to death.

[EDIT]Oops almost forgot. xwing guy please read this post and see if you can figure out what you said that was wrong, then I'd like an apology.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Havoc Stryphe

As far as steeper penalties for crimes committed with the use of a handgun, I agree. For Murder though, there is only one acceptable sentence, death. Keep in mind that does not include manslaughter. If they can prove it was not premeditated and without intent to kill, then they should not get sentenced to death.

Woah, hold up, I definately don't agree with that. Surely punishment is about rehabilitation. I simply don't feel that any of us have the right to cast judgment of life or death over anybody.

Capital Punishment is not a "new" concept. It has been a staple in every early civilization's legal system. An eye for an eye. I'm not saying we as individuals have the right to cast judgement, but as a society we have no choice, but to uphold the values of it's people and their safety. I am only saying those who have been proven in a court of law to be guilty of premeditated and or with Intent to kill be subject to such a punishment. As a society, we can not afford to have thousands of criminals with "life in prison" eating 3 full course meals, getting educations, having expensive weight training equipment, full gymnasiums and cable Television. It costs the taxpayers entirely too much to keep murderer's in prison. If they are Insane then they will go to medical facility, so they won't be affected by capital punishment. Only those who truly knew what they did and decided to take a human life will have their life taken from them. I'm not saying we should arbitrarily use Captial punishment, it should be reserved for true murderers after they have been proven guilty of murder in a court of law by a jury of their peers. If this equation is followed, it would exponentially decrease the amounts of murders that take place, when people realize there is no "ten year and I'm out" contingency.

And exactly how is life in prison rehabilitating someone, if they never get out. What's the point?

xwing guy please read this post and see if you can figure out what you said that was wrong, then I'd like an apology.

Oh, and thank you Heavyarms for addressing the issue, I started thinking no one else thought slandering the Dead was mean and uncalled for. Thank you :)

Originally posted by Crazy_dog no.3

xwingguy- Apologice to Havoc.

Havoc- Calm down.

The mods aren't doing there jobs today.:D

Crazy Dog, I don't need to calm down, I'm not running about with my arms flailing or anything, or at least not yet ;)

It's not like he insulted my dog, my grammar, my name or my standpoint. He insulted my friend who was lost by means of a traumatic event. He died theough no fault of his own, save ignorance of guns. All I want is an apology, I have not defamed, cursed, slandered, etc. anyone. I do not expect anyone to understand my emphatic desire to hear an apology. Non of you, or at least that I know of, have lost a friend in the manner which I did, and now that friend is being referred to as stupid, he is no longer with us, and if he was "stupid" he has paid the ultimate price for that "stupidity" you need not remind him of that. He is gone now, let his memory go unsoiled. xwing guy, please take back those words which you so unjustly posted, so that my mind may be at ease once more.

I'm here, CDno.3, calm yourself.

X-wing guy, let’s try and be a bit more considerate when it comes to touchy matters like that. From your point of view, maybe it was perfectly acceptable, but what you wrote does come off as quite harsh.

I'd like it if you would apologize, x-wing. I'm not going to force you to do anything but it would be a nice gesture and would help put the matter behind you two.

Heavyarms, threatening only makes things worse. You can't start forbidding people to post. I don't know about x-wing but that would **** me off. :)

Let's drop the insults as well, please.

*Proceeds to watch thread like a hawk*

Thank you Rhett, for the sake of goodhearted discussion I will quietly wait for the apology, and perhaps I will place my frustration into more constructive avenues...

In the mean time, I'd like to apologize myself, for my emphatic crusade for an apology. If it did in some matter, offend anyone, I am deeply sorry for that offense. Please accept my humblest apologies.

oh, and xwing guy I have not forgotten, just simply choose to wait in silence...

Sorry, just one last reminder ;)

Now let's get this thread back on subject.. .

:rolleyes:

Alright Havoc, I haven't been around so that's why it's taken me so long to getting around to doing this. I admit it that I did go over the line there and I'm sorry, I was mad over something else and I took out that anger in that post over what happened to your dead friend and I shouldn't have, and as of now I'm editing that post.

Thank you Xwing Guy, I understand if you were upset. I am sorry For the level at which I "demanded" an apology. Let's move on from here, and I hope this will have no bearing on future debates I'm sure we'll have ;) . I promise to harbor no ill feelings, and to respect your opinion from here on out.

Again thank you Xwing Guy.

Originally posted by Crazy_dog no.3

Yay, it finnaly worked.

But what if someone illegaly made guns in their own home. It's possible, just would take longer.

From scratch? Then it would probably misfire frequently, be very inaccurate, and possibly explode in their face. That's all with out access to machining equipment. If they had that much, it's feesable. Otherwise, I wouldn't worry to much, they would pose more of a threat to themselves than to others.

Automatic weapons have no place in civilain hands and semi auto models should be banned too since thier to easy too make full auto with a little tinkering. Guns could be made here if they even if they where totaly banned. As said orgnized crime could buy or quitely steal the equiment from a "protecty" money overcomes MANY laws.

• 9 months later...

Archived