Home

How'd you guys feel about a Star Wars fan fic on here?

Ben_Walker

It might be interesting, if your short story could tell us what happened between MotS and JK2, because it's much harder to come up story about post-JK2 time. I earlier wished Raven/LEC would themselves write some sort of background story which they could then print into game manual with cool pics... :D

I've been writing on and off (mostly off) for 20 years, and never got around to finishing anything. Maybe one day I'll get something published...

Anyway, I also have a couple of ideas for some fanfic around JKII...but it would be based between MotS and JKII - so I need the very beginning of JKII's story (i.e., exactly when it starts), before I can commit ideas to paper (or screen). ;)

Good luck with your own stories...and if you are willing, I can offer a bit of critique. :cool:

Originally posted by StormHammer

I've been writing on and off (mostly off) for 20 years, and never got around to finishing anything. Maybe one day I'll get something published...

Anyway, I also have a couple of ideas for some fanfic around JKII...but it would be based between MotS and JKII - so I need the very beginning of JKII's story (i.e., exactly when it starts), before I can commit ideas to paper (or screen). ;)

Good luck with your own stories...and if you are willing, I can offer a bit of critique. :cool:

It starts NOWHERE in the existing Star Wars storyline, but seeing as how JKO starts 15 years after the Battle of Yavin, and there are 4-8 (?) years between JK and JKO, you'd get about 10ish years after the Battle of Yavin.

I AM starting to write fanfic on Star Wars now. I'm creating a slew of characters in forum roleplay style (this style -- click on forums and go to Character Creation), including a streetwise kid, a Caamasi senator, a technician on a Mon Cal cruiser... I love writing in this style, without noisesome 'stats' to create; just normalistic roleplaying.

If anyone wants to create a 'Grand Fiction' get in touch with me. :)

[EDIT: AIM - jamesbarnes2k)

BTW, using Kyle Katarn in a fanfic would be haphazardous. Altering the plights of main characters is omni-plot type stuff, stuff we shouldn't touch without good reason.

However, I can see a fanfic following the epics of Katarn, everyone can add in the view of a stormtrooper or a Wee'quay; akin to how the original Star Wars books on ANH, ESB and RotJ did every once in a while. If you want to be REALLY creative, you could create a character which can carry on a story that Katarn might ignite... Like a rebellion in a oppressed system...

[EDIT: Another suggestion. If there are any space battles in JKO, you could do a number on those..]

Originally posted by Scav

It starts NOWHERE in the existing Star Wars storyline, but seeing as how JKO starts 15 years after the Battle of Yavin, and there are 4-8 (?) years between JK and JKO, you'd get about 10ish years after the Battle of Yavin.

Eh? :confused: Who mentioned the Star Wars storyline? Besides, in DF you steal the plans to the Deathstar and rescue Crix Madine...I'd say that ties in to the Star Wars storyline.

Anyway, just an FYI...

Dark Forces starts just pre-ANH and finishes probably some time between ESB and ROTJ.

The events in Jedi Knight take place just after ROTJ (around 4 years post-ANH - and practically following on almost directly from DF).

The events in Mysteries Of The Sith are around 10 years post-ANH. (5-6 years after JK...so there is a lot of scope for storylines in this period)

Jedi Outcast takes place around 13-14 years post-ANH. (3-4 years after MotS).

However...we don't know if those 3-4 years are skimmed over in any detail as a precursor to the actual story of JKII. For all we know they could say Kyle spends those years at the Academy learning to control his anger and suppress the Dark Side. That is why I await the actual release of the game to find out...because there may be some important details that could impact the plot I have in my head. ;)

Fanfic............a good idea........but.......

All I hear from ppl is how much the time line means to the SW universe but as has already been pointed out, in DF u rescue Crix Madine, in Rogue Squadron u rescue Crix Madine from Corrilia.

So far I've survived 3 Death Star 1 runs, 4 runs through beggars canyon, I've defeated Boba Fett 3 times........the list goes on and yet I still want to keep doing it !

Should I seek help for this ??

• 13 years later...

Archived