Home

No light side force powers?

Skyrunner

There is actually no proof there are gonna be any light side force powers in JK2! All the powers that are confirmed are either dark or neutral. I think this is terrible!

I have a list of force powers from a norwegian games magazine (Incite PC Games)

Here they are:

Jedi Choke (grip)

Jedi Confuse (mind trick)

Jedi Jump

Jedi Tap

Jedi Shock (Lightning)

Jedi Pull

Jedi Push

If it is correct that there are going to be eight force powers in SP, only one is missing here. There is no sign of any light side powers.

Is Kyle a dark jedi?!

:confused:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Confirmed Force powers are: Jump, Push, Mind Tricks, Heal, Speed, Lightning, Knock, Choke, and Pull.

I'm guessing Tap is Knock which causes Jedi to distract their enemy.

Neutral: Push, Pull, Speed

Dark: Choke, Lightning

Light: Heal, Mind Tricks, Knock

Yes Mind Tricks and Knock can probably be placed in the Neutral category, but we will have to wait and see.

Stay tuned to http://www.lucasarts.com/products/outcast/html/forcepowers.html for more official announcements.

Well first off, that's for single player, rember Jedi Knight there was like force destruction and stuff, but it's not in this single player, I think this is meant to be more realistic for single player and multiplayer it'll be all out, there's no such thing as a dark or light side power it's the force, it is use depending on how the individual uses it. Now I have to go get back to watching the live police chase in St. Louis, Missouri LIVE hehe :D

the force is the force. a light jedi could still zap people, and a dark jedi could still heal people. JK just screwed it up. see, it depends on HOW you use the power, so say a light jedi might not zap an enemy, for that would be evil, heh. though he could use the electricity to short out a light circuit or whatever, because doing that isnt "bad". just because we didnt see obiwan choke vader to death doesnt mean he wasnt capable of it, it just means he didnt want to because it would count as falling towards the dark side...

k whatever. bye.

We're not CERTAIN that a Light Side Jedi can zap people.

While I agree that on the whole the Force should not be seperated- especially when it comes to telekinesis- the fact remains that in the films only the bad guys- in fact, so far, ONE bad guy- has ever zapped and only the good guys (in fact... only THREE good guys) have ever come back after death.

It is entirely possible that zapping can only be done by focussing powers like hate and anger.

Meanwhile, I agree with Skyrunner; A Jedi should be either Light or Dark. You can't straddle the line.

Yeah, Dark Jedi or Sith Lord who finds his health low, only fights much more aggressively, so that he can take someone else with him, when he dies or to provoke his opponent to release his anger, so that also he turns to the Dark Side. He will win in any case(if his opponent is not strong enough both physically and mentally). :luke::lightning

he/she probably WOULDNT, but that does really mean that they COULDNT heal themself, just that they choose not to. and good point, ushgarak or whatever, theres no evidence proving that they could, but theres also little to no evidence that they couldnt. hopyfully we'll know more about the force when episodes 2 and 3 come out...

Originally posted by A Big Fat CoW

he/she probably WOULDNT, but that does really mean that they COULDNT heal themself, just that they choose not to. and good point, ushgarak or whatever, theres no evidence proving that they could, but theres also little to no evidence that they couldnt. hopyfully we'll know more about the force when episodes 2 and 3 come out...

If they could, why would they not want to? Hey, Dark Jedi may be evil, but they're not stupid. :sithm:

Originally posted by Skyrunner

There is actually no proof there are gonna be any light side force powers in JK2! All the powers that are confirmed are either dark or neutral. I think this is terrible!

I have a list of force powers from a norwegian games magazine (Incite PC Games)

Here they are:

Jedi Choke (grip)

Jedi Confuse (mind trick)

Jedi Jump

Jedi Tap

Jedi Shock (Lightning)

Jedi Pull

Jedi Push

If it is correct that there are going to be eight force powers in SP, only one is missing here. There is no sign of any light side powers.

Is Kyle a dark jedi?!

:confused:

Hello I just registered but anywayz...

I remember reading some interview from LucasArts or something, that Kyle can use both "light" and "dark" forces, but he simply chooses not to use ANY force at the start (still fearing the dark side?). But blocking laser shots from Stormtroopers will require some force energy to do so. And also, Kyle Katarn was never trained officially to be a Jedi, so I guess he sort of picked up how to do force tricks on his way to Valley of Jedi.

<font color=cbcbff> It's simply a matter of religion, gentlemen. The light side is one religion, and the dark side another. They both believe in the force, but both in strictly opposite ways of using it.

It would be against the sith "religion" to use the force to heal himself or another. Or to use the force to help anyone if not for his own designs. It would be against the jedi "religion" to use the force to attack anyone if not in defense, and never to directly attack an enemy or bend someone's will if it will cause harm to that person.

The point is that the way of the light side is a lot more difficult than that of dark. Both sides can use the force in the same ways, albeit some jedi have special talents (ie. Corran Horn's ability to absorb energies), but the light side imposes stricter limits on the usage of the force. A jedi of the light side uses mostly neutral powers and must rely on his lightsaber to do the attacking. I would consider lightsaber thow to be a jedi attack. Since a jedi requires his mind to be at peace in order to call upon a healing trance, a dark jedi would never use such an ability. Since a jedi would have to call upon anger and aggression to oh ..say....cook a stormtrooper alive in his armor with force lightning, a jedi of the light side would never use such an ability(morally either).

In this game, Kyle is outcast from the rest because he does not follow either "religion", but rather uses the perks of both. He could be considered "agnostic" if you considered christianity the light side and satanism the dark(no religion debates, please, I'm just trying to think of the most opposite religions that I can).

Anyway, that is my take, sorry for the long post.

Against the Sith religion to heal? What a very weird idea!

Look, we have so little good idea about all this that is its hard to sound definitive. You say that a Jedi needs his mind at peace to enter a healing trance. Well, not only do we have no proof of this, we don't even have any proof that healing is something the Force can do!

That's an example of how little we know.

Originally posted by Ushgarak

Against the Sith religion to heal? What a very weird idea!

Look, we have so little good idea about all this that is its hard to sound definitive. You say that a Jedi needs his mind at peace to enter a healing trance. Well, not only do we have no proof of this, we don't even have any proof that healing is something the Force can do!

That's an example of how little we know.

Anakin Skywalker was healed after the battle against Obi Wan then became Darth Vader...so they do still heal

Maybe the Dark Side uses more aggressive forces, and Light Side uses more of a self-benefiting forces

Originally posted by CaptainRAVE

Id go for force lightning over force heal any day of the week :)....not only does it look much cooler, but its also more fun watching your enemies fry :)

Too bad Jedi Knight has a weak Force Lightning...

JKI Force Lightning: *psst*

JKII Force Lightning: *AHHHHHHH!!!*

That's the difference maker right there :)

Archived