Home

No light side force powers?

Skyrunner

Originally posted by CaptainRAVE

I only like the force lightning so much because of the awsome graphics. I hope the stormtroopers scream like girls :p

Hehehehehe :D

Maybe some stormtroopers ARE girls...:eek:

"I like girls of that....caliber?" - Dr. Evil

:D :D

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Rat Boy

Probably because they're not the ones rushing Kyle!

:trooper: :trooper: :trooper: :trooper: :trooper: :trooper:

"Stop that Jedi scum!"

:lol:

Can't think of more sayings :(

"Here he is! Stop him!"

*Stormtroopers open fire*

-Me gets too close-

*Stormtroopers whack you with their rifle butts*

"Let's see what this Lightsaber can do!" - Kyle Katarn :)

<font color=cbcbff> He was healed, yes, SaberPro, but there are many explanations for that. For one, Palpatine needed Anakin's power in the force for his own evil reasons, so he healed him for his own gain. For another, it's not clear that the force had any involvement in Anakin's healing. He was probably just thrown in a bacta tank. I'm talking about it being against Sith policy to heal themselves with the force, because it would require letting go of their aggressive energies. There are plenty of descriptions of healing trances in the novels, and they all require the participants to calm their minds

1. There are no light or dark side force powers. It's been explained many times in the expanded universe. Use the force for evil, it's the dark side. Use it for good, it's the light side.

2. Single-player will have the force powers lumped together like MotS. A branching story would be just like JK1, and would be kinda old.

3. Multi-player has seperated force powers, and they said it'll be like JK, so that probably means you can be a lower level disciple or something like that to combine them. There may be tons of server options to even turn off the force seperation, and make it like single-player.

<font color=cbcbff> Wrong. There are powers that cannot be used for good. For example, force lightning is a torturous and terrible way to kill someone. A jedi would <i>never</i> use such an ability. Choke is another direct application of the force for evil. Those are <i>both</i> evil, no matter how you look at them. If some civilians are being attacked by stormtroopers and you crackle lightning and fry the stormtroopers to death, you are saving the civilians but still commiting an evil act by willfully using the force to inflict pain and suffering upon another. In the very cliche words of Yoda himself "A Jedi uses the force for knowledge and defense. Never for attack." Read the Heir to the Empire trilogy sometime and take note of how Joruus C'boath justifies using force lightning as he electrocutes someone who got in a fight with someone else. Luke is horrified because that was not how he was taught by Yoda.

People are talking very definitvely hewre about things we know little about!

I'm interested to see that people are talking about the Obi-Wan/Anakin fight, and Anakin's subsequent healing, as if we have already seen it on film and know exactly what happened! Because we don't. For all we know, Anakin never healed.

And I still don't see how using Lightning to kill someone is any different from using the Force to quicken your reactions to chop someone in half with a sabre. And 'choke' is just an application of telekinesis; so if a Jedi can smash someone into a wall with push then they can choke bad guys with grip.

You can't go around saying that there are good and bad ways to kill someone; that Jedi only bring 'good' deaths and avoid certain ways of killing. A Jedi is a warrior. He should do his job as quickly and efficiently as possible.

You might say Lightning is needlessly cruel, but we don't know that; Palply was torturing Luke with it, not killing him; a much shorter blast did for Darth Vader. And I am pretty sure many of the sabre wounds the Jedi inflict on people cause painful deaths as well.

Face it- there is no good and clean way to wage combat.

The only way that Lightning becomes bad guy only is if it requires Dark Side emotions for it to happen at all- which is possible. We still only seem to have bad guys using it.

But Grip? No. If grip requires dark side emotions, then so should ALL telekinesis powers, which is nonsense.

And this 'Sith cannot use Healing' thing is just so much nonsense! Bad guys use every tool available to them. And just because it is their darker emotions that power their Force does NOT mean all their powers have to be aggressive! For example, Palpy can navigate the future- which as Yoda said, requires a clear mind. If you can do that, you can heal, IF such a thing is possible, which we do not know.

The other thing we do not know is if Lightning is some piece of ancient, secret Sith lore, known only to the two Sith. In which case no Dark Jedi would have it unles lucky enough to be one of those two.

just to add to the discussion, there is a passage in Shadows of the Emp where Vader is in his meditation chamber, attempting to heal his burnt lungs....using the dark side. to begin healing, he concentrates his hatred on his own miserable condition and then focuses the dark energies on his lungs. they begin to heal, but as soon as they do, he becomes so overjoyed that the dark side flees from him and the healing subsides. it talks about him trying to reheal himself into the former man that he was, but he needs more practice.

there's also mention, i believe, of how the emperor stays alive soley by using the dark side. he's basically a walking corpse. i'm not sure where this is mentioned (might be in Return). anyway, something to think about.

btw, hello!

Originally posted by Obi

<font color=cbcbff> He was healed, yes, SaberPro, but there are many explanations for that. For one, Palpatine needed Anakin's power in the force for his own evil reasons, so he healed him for his own gain. For another, it's not clear that the force had any involvement in Anakin's healing. He was probably just thrown in a bacta tank. I'm talking about it being against Sith policy to heal themselves with the force, because it would require letting go of their aggressive energies. There are plenty of descriptions of healing trances in the novels, and they all require the participants to calm their minds

From what I saw in the Episode II teasers, I think Anakin was floating while healing...probably an older style of bacta tank? I've never seen a Sith Lord healing himself with the Force, but usually they use machines to heal themselves (bacta tanks, medical droids). I think Sith Lords only use their force in destroying someone they hate.

Originally posted by Ushgarak

People are talking very definitvely hewre about things we know little about!

I'm interested to see that people are talking about the Obi-Wan/Anakin fight, and Anakin's subsequent healing, as if we have already seen it on film and know exactly what happened! Because we don't. For all we know, Anakin never healed.

And I still don't see how using Lightning to kill someone is any different from using the Force to quicken your reactions to chop someone in half with a sabre. And 'choke' is just an application of telekinesis; so if a Jedi can smash someone into a wall with push then they can choke bad guys with grip.

You can't go around saying that there are good and bad ways to kill someone; that Jedi only bring 'good' deaths and avoid certain ways of killing. A Jedi is a warrior. He should do his job as quickly and efficiently as possible.

You might say Lightning is needlessly cruel, but we don't know that; Palply was torturing Luke with it, not killing him; a much shorter blast did for Darth Vader. And I am pretty sure many of the sabre wounds the Jedi inflict on people cause painful deaths as well.

Face it- there is no good and clean way to wage combat.

The only way that Lightning becomes bad guy only is if it requires Dark Side emotions for it to happen at all- which is possible. We still only seem to have bad guys using it.

But Grip? No. If grip requires dark side emotions, then so should ALL telekinesis powers, which is nonsense.

And this 'Sith cannot use Healing' thing is just so much nonsense! Bad guys use every tool available to them. And just because it is their darker emotions that power their Force does NOT mean all their powers have to be aggressive! For example, Palpy can navigate the future- which as Yoda said, requires a clear mind. If you can do that, you can heal, IF such a thing is possible, which we do not know.

The other thing we do not know is if Lightning is some piece of ancient, secret Sith lore, known only to the two Sith. In which case no Dark Jedi would have it unles lucky enough to be one of those two.

About the Anakin / Obi-Wan fight, I was thinking of more of an emotion fight: since Anakin is still Obi Wan's apprentice, but Anakin got impatient of getting so little power over a great amount of time, so he took out his anger towards Obi Wan, for teaching him so little. From what I've heard, Obi Wan supposingly threw Anakin down a lava tank or something like that... Anakin was found, and put on armour pads and LIFE-SUPPORTING equipment which is equipped on his mask. In another word, Anakin was probably never healed, but put on a life-supporting equipments.

Dark Forces: Throw, Grip, Lightning, Destruction

Light Forces: Heal, Persuasion, Blind, Absorb

What it looks like, is that Sith Lords use their force for destruction of their enemies (Throw like in the movie Empire Strikes Back, Grip in the New Hope, Lightning in Return of the Jedi, Destruction even though it was never used in a movie).

Jedi Masters use their force for a temporary period to immobile their enemies (Persuasion somewhat, Blind). I never seen a Light Jedi healing themselves though...nor I did see Absorb...

I did think Lightsaber is a clean fight...it doesn't really have a torturing period like Force Lightning does. Remember when Qui-Gon was killed by Darth Maul, he didn't groan and moan like Luke did in Return of the Jedi by Force Lightning. Plus, you don't bleed when you are stroke by lightsaber swings (if Darth Maul really stroke Qui-Gon right through the stomach, Qui Gon would have bleed all over the place)...

That's just of my thoughts :)

It WASN'T Anakin, it was Obi-Wan, and he was NOT being healed, he was being held captive.

I could even tell you exactly what that scene is but I have no idea what the spoiler policy is here.

As for the Anakin/Obi-Wan fight...

The commonly accepted fact for ages is that they fought. Obi-Wan won and Anakin fell into a lava pity, and eeded the suit to stay alive.

This may still happen. But plenty of other accepte facts have been trhown out the window, so you cannot be certain about anything.

A good example is Owen lars being Obi-Wan's brother, a long-held piece of 'fact' now totally untrue, as AOTC will show.

Archived