Chex it out

41.jpg

notice both health and shield are over 100

42.jpg

here, notice health is maxed at 200

conclustion max health and shields = 200

That is all bzzt

:syoda:

I sort of noticed that all (projectile) weapon has an max ammo of 300? The 200health and 200shield is pretty standard...right from Jedi Knight.

Its just beta so the Raven people could cheat or do whatever they wanted to demo and test what they had done so far.

No offence,but how do you know?I thought that those screenshots were just LucasArts' creation.

But anyway,let me clarify this that the health in JK is 100,shields 200.How do I know?I played JK recently.Last Thursday,to be exact.However,to have 200 health in JO would be a cool thing!

Crap...I need to start playing Jedi Knight again....I'll force myself to...I feel ashamed..

What's so ashamed?I'm just STARTING to play JK.So what's the big deal?

BTW,just check out the graphics at the second picture(the one at the bar).In my whole life,I've never seen a (game) screenshot SO realistic!Although it stills lack a "living" element,but the graphics are still good!The tables are rounded,the NPCs'(or Tuskens I don't know) head aren't that polygonal.Agree?No?

Originally posted by Toa Tahu

What's so ashamed?I'm just STARTING to play JK.So what's the big deal?

BTW,just check out the graphics at the second picture(the one at the bar).In my whole life,I've never seen a (game) screenshot SO realistic!Although it stills lack a "living" element,but the graphics are still good!The tables are rounded,the NPCs'(or Tuskens I don't know) head aren't that polygonal.Agree?No?

Because I FRIGGIN' FORGOT THAT THE JK METER WAS 100/200.... plus, I haven't played JK for a long time...

Originally posted by [eVe]DeathBoLT

i think 200 health will be a replacement for bacta

alot of games you could pick up extra health points.. in JK, you picked up extra health in the form of bacta..

I think you mean, bacta tank only adds health if you are damamged, but it doesn't do anything if you are at 100/200.

I still have no idea how Kyle can have 200 health in JKII...Big Health Pack? Then slowly wears out?

I think you mean, bacta tank only adds health if you are damamged, but it doesn't do anything if you are at 100/200

obviously it doesn't do anything 100/200, but its the equivalent of having 250/200(if you get 5 bacta tanks). the only difference from quake and other games extra health is that you have to press a button to get that extra health when you are injured.

Why stop at 200? Why not give 500 life and 500 shields??

I think they're taking it way too far, I mean, the health should represent % of health, and not just some number. They should scale the damage, not inflate the amount of health you have.

It's kind of a philosophical pet peeve. What's the difference between getting shot and losing 20/200 life versus getting shot and lossing 10/100 life?

And the shield thing... what the hell are shields? Is he wearing a belt that gives him extra shields? I don't remember Luke Skywalker wearing any shields, nor any of the storm troopers. How come Kyle seems to only one that has access to this super shield technology, while the rest of the universe seems to have to rely on ineffective storm trooper armor?

Dump it all and scale the weapon damage. Armor is okay I guess, but energy shields are just too cheesy, even if Jedi knight had it.

Originally posted by Dirth Vedar

And the shield thing... what the hell are shields? Is he wearing a belt that gives him extra shields? I don't remember Luke Skywalker wearing any shields, nor any of the storm troopers. How come Kyle seems to only one that has access to this super shield technology, while the rest of the universe seems to have to rely on ineffective storm trooper armor?

Dump it all and scale the weapon damage. Armor is okay I guess, but energy shields are just too cheesy, even if Jedi knight had it.

Actually, Kyle DOES wear a shield belt under his clothes. As for precendents in the movies, have you ever seen destroyer droids? They have personal shields...

Originally posted by Redwing

Actually, Kyle DOES wear a shield belt under his clothes. As for precendents in the movies, have you ever seen destroyer droids? They have personal shields...

Well, okay, if there's precedence, but still, why doesn't anyone else wear it? And even so, shouldn't the shield be at 100? I guess in this case it doesn't stand for percent, but I don't know, I just think it may be a bad habit to keep increasing life and shields, where does it end?? So much more sane to keep it undercontrol by scaling weapon damage.

der.. we don't know if shelds are 200 for a fact yet we've only seen health at 200 we have seen shield over 100 though so the sihelds limit has to be between 100-200 in theory, so i very well might be 150 we don't know yet :)

and dude Kyle Katarn has always had shields.... :syoda:

Originally posted by Dirth Vedar

Well, okay, if there's precedence, but still, why doesn't anyone else wear it? And even so, shouldn't the shield be at 100? I guess in this case it doesn't stand for percent, but I don't know, I just think it may be a bad habit to keep increasing life and shields, where does it end?? So much more sane to keep it undercontrol by scaling weapon damage.

This is really a bit of an annoyance to me as well. 200 health would seem as if Kyle had an extra 4 layers of skin or something. *First post by the way :) *

The 200 for shields dont bother me as much. It just makes you feel protected. I hope sabers go through shields. Dont remember if they did in DF2 (Install wont work on Win2K.) Correct the n00b anyone?

Originally posted by Desslock

This is really a bit of an annoyance to me as well. 200 health would seem as if Kyle had an extra 4 layers of skin or something. *First post by the way :) *

The 200 for shields dont bother me as much. It just makes you feel protected. I hope sabers go through shields. Dont remember if they did in DF2 (Install wont work on Win2K.) Correct the n00b anyone?

Hey your right! 200 health does make Kyle have 4 layers of skin :lol:

Saber always goes through shields, doesn't it? In JK, 1 slash with secondary = 02/20 or something from 100/200. :lsduel:

Originally posted by SaberPro

Hey your right! 200 health does make Kyle have 4 layers of skin :lol:

Saber always goes through shields, doesn't it? In JK, 1 slash with secondary = 02/20 or something from 100/200. :lsduel:

Yea, thats right. Remember now. <scratches scar>

Archived