Home

CORRECTION: From "German Preview" Thread

KISS Army

From this thread:

http://209.126.167.135/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30689

German PC Action mag (currently no.3 saleswise...) has a nice, 2 page preview of JK II in it's newest issue (out today ).

Here are some pure facts, some might be known, others maybe not ...

- 20 levels in singleplayer (some very big according to text)

- 10 weapons (so the one thread about weapons seemed to be right)

- up to 64 (!) players in multiplayer ....

I just want everyone to know that there are "over" 20 levels and "over" 10 weapons. Keep in mind, too, that 64 players is the theoretical limit of players in Quake 3, assuming everyone has uber hardware to run the server and the bandwidth to support it. I think 32 players is a more reasonable estimate and I think that in most games 16 or 24 is more realistic/practical.

Thought I'd give everyone a "heads up."

Have a great weekend, guys and gals!

--Kenn

Kenn Hoekstra

Raven Software

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest X-Vector
Originally posted by KISS Army

I think 32 players is a more reasonable estimate and I think that in most games 16 or 24 is more realistic/practical.

Does that mean having 32 players in JO MP will be unrealistic/unpractical for gameplay or technical reasons?

I'd expect it to be the former, because there are plenty of 32-player matches to be had in RTCW MP, which is also a Q3 engine title.

I don't really think I'd want to see 63 other Jedi running around a level...that would pretty much eliminate lightsaber dueling and create a world like in Q3 with mass numbers of deaths and there's no strategy except run and swing! I think 8 or 16 will provide a great game and keep the multiplayer games similar to those of Jedi Knight. But, in no means is 64 bad...you might as well support that many if the technology permits it.

Originally posted by CaptainRAVE

Can you imagine how big mp levels would have to be for 64 players. Even a T3 connection would struggle. Even 32 players seems alot for one level......in JK anyway. Maybe these mp levels will be HUGE :).......I hope so anyway.

Well, with a good connection 32's no prob in RtCW

With good server it can be as good as 30-40 ping with dsl ...

Archived