Home

5 New Screen Shots

ZeroXcape

Looks like Kyle is pulling off some kind of jumping-pounce manuver with the saber, which hints at even more moves that can be performed with the saber. The green bolt in the shot looks like it came from the Weequay, and according to the official JK2 site, Weequays sometimes use the bowcaster. And since in JK1, the bowcaster used green bolts...

1. Yeah, that shot that looks like it's coming from Kyle's E-11 is the shot from the stormtrooper up above as he runs by. Besides, there's no muzzle flash on the gun.

2. Everything about this game is perfect except the lightsaber blending. In some pics, the additive blending and the core are flawless, like in pics #2 and #6. However, in pics like #1, there's no additive blending on the saber, or it's just too dark a color to see it, since saber color is changeable. I also hate how you can see through the core partially in some pics.

I know the saber trails aren't going to be 100% flawless, afterall it's only Q3, but I wish the blending would be fixed.

Originally posted by StarScrap

You know, they've shown us so many of those "meteors" I'm beginning to doubt their benign intentions. I think they'll be part of the plot. I don't know if I'm getting my hopes up too much but....Dark Troopers?

mmmmmm.....I agree with you here that its part of the story. I think the base is under attack from the sky. Maybe a star destroyer........or maybe they're trying to destroy the base to destroy kyle :(

Originally posted by StarScrap

One other thing. In the shot with the two grans, where do you think the blaster bolt is coming from, and what do you think that green light is? (the one by the hilt of the saber)

Yea, I wondered this until I saw the weequay with his bowcaster. Also the red bolt is coming from behind him in my opinion.....looks like hes in a spot of bother :rolleyes:.....I think force lightning is needed here, or maybe a lightsaber spin :). Hurry up video footage :)

Originally posted by Emon1337

I believe these "meteors" are probe droids. Look at the concept art, there's a drawing of the same facility, the base-in-the-cliffs thing. On the side, there's a note that says it's a probe droid launching facility.

I'm fairly sure that this 'outpost'-like screen is not the probe-droid facility. My reasons are:

1. The screenshot shows what looks much more like a levelled landing pad and storage facility for supplies to be air-lifted in.

2. The meteorite-things (presumably probes) are entering the atmosphere of this planet/asteroid, whereas a launching station would be sending the probes outward and away from the surface. Granted, it may well be deploying them locally (on the planet), but there's no sense in sending something out of the atmosphere just to bring it back in again. It seems to me that they have been sent toward the planet from something in orbit (see: ANH, Star Destroyer), possibly to find Kyle, but I doubt it, as the Imps would just deploy them locally from a ground-based installation.

Please tell me if I've missed the point or something :)

Archived