Home

Lightsaber scorching on walls

Hunter545

Hi there,

I have been wodering about lightsaber scorching for some time now and I decided to ask you people.

When I first saw the possibility of scorching on the videogamegal movie from E3 I was very excited.

In JK1 this wasn't possible and it sometimes looked funny when I sneeked behind a stormtrooper and moved the mouse so the lightsaber was actually ignited through him :) (he didn't even notice).

Will this be possible in Jedi Outcast?(if this has been discussed before I apologize)

Welcome to the forums :)

I believe so, yes. I was thinking about that very thing when i first heard it. We had a big discussion about accidentely hurting civvies with your saber by getting too close, and then we all went off on tangents about why it would be good or bad. Personally, I'd love to just walk up behind someone, ignite it and watch it come out their abdomen.

But each to their own :)

I think it'd be cool if it burned whatever it touched, think about it, it's a lightsaber it shouldn't be able to go through people like that, a Jedi should have enough control and common sense no to go up to civilians and just stick the saber through them and see what happens :D so I think scorching walls would be cool, and the Jediknightii.net forums picture, Kyle is just angry and wanted sometime alone :D

Yea, which in the game would be nearly impossible because youd be walking through a crowd and kill most of them......lol. And you couldnt have the lightsaber in because if there was trouble, (which there usually is) you wouldnt be able to recall it quick enough. I personally think thats the main reason why they've included a stand-by mode.......and of course the side effect of this is stealth :). I think the lightsaber is one of the main reasons why im so excited about the game.

Originally posted by Hunter545

Hi there,

I have been wodering about lightsaber scorching for some time now and I decided to ask you people.

When I first saw the possibility of scorching on the videogamegal movie from E3 I was very excited.

In JK1 this wasn't possible and it sometimes looked funny when I sneeked behind a stormtrooper and moved the mouse so the lightsaber was actually ignited through him :) (he didn't even notice).

Will this be possible in Jedi Outcast?(if this has been discussed before I apologize)

In JK it scorches very rarely, when you approach a wall with your lightsaber right in front of you, but the wall is undamaged (only sparkles). Somtimes you can kill people like that (without swinging, just put your lightsaber right in front of you). I think JKII produces the scorching by running along the walls or something..

Originally posted by CaptainRAVE

mmmmmmmm, there was a mod for this in JK and it can get really annoying trying to avoid people and walls etc......probably why they added the stand-by feature on the saber.

Good point. If someone is going to walk around a civilian area with their saber lit they deserve to accidenally

In JK it rarely happened, and if it did it was a bug mst probably. In JK2 you'll only have to touch somthing and it'll scorch or be killed. Remember the E3 demo when Kyle was in the lift and left a mark all the way up. I just hope they stay for a while and dont instantly disappear.

I've watched the videogamegal movie one more time and you can see that the scorching doesn't last longer then a few seconds.

You can first see it in the begining when Kyle runs over a "bridge" and then goes left into a small room and throws his lightsaber and then slashes with it, second, when he moves from the lift you can see the scorching dissapear.

Too bad...and I wanted to make some nice signs on walls in multiplayer. :(

<font color=cbcbff> Actually, the phenomenon you were witnessing may have been the glowing red molten steel cooling down to cold markings on the wall. One of the previews said you can watch it cool.

Originally posted by GonkH8er

This have gone from a scorching conversation to a "my system is better than yours' discussion :)

maybe I'll split the thread

Well maybe we went a little of topic, but it was still relevant, lol. Anyway I still was some information on how long scorching will stay on the walls. I hope its not like the phasers in Elite Force. I didnt even have time to write my name :rolleyes:

We had long discussions when they gave hints of this.....and we still dont know. We didnt think so because if there was a maze then you could cut your own path through it. But then information was released that youd have to cut off things to complete objectives......like cut off a piler to get across a large platform or something....does anyone else know whats happening to this feature??

Archived