Home

System Boasting (from the scorching thread)

CaptainRAVE

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pentium III 550

256 MB PC 133 RAM

GeForce3 Ti 200 video card (just bought 2 weeks ago)

Creative Labs Soundblaster 512 EAX Soundcard with 4 Cambridge Soundworks SBS52 speakers (just bought 2 weeks ago)

WD 30.7 GB hard drive

Windows 98

Panasonic E70i 17 inch monitor

The first week of April I'm going to upgrade my motherboard and CPU to a Pentium 4 1.7 ghz with 256 MB PC2100 DDR memory.

Well I have room for one more air conditioning card......that would push up my total fans to 11........And maybe later on I may add a little construction of mine that allows you to put another fan onto the case fans. I could increase my fans to a total of 15 if I do that and add the air conditioning card....but at the moment 10 fans is enough for me ;)

Originally posted by CaptainRAVE

Im glad to see I have the best system here :)

Hmmm.... i think not. Even with your 10 fans (are you even overclocking?), a lot of systems posted here outperform yours - RatBoy, Outlaw, definitely Jyt-Pon Dai'el, and others. Plus now me -

Athlon XP 1800+

Msi K7T266a Pro 2

512 mb DDR

GeForce 3 (+ big O/C)

SoundBlaster Audigy

DVD, CD rewriter, and all the rest of that crap

ps what MB u running?

Not a lot - anything from a few dollars to 30 - depends if you want one with phenominal performance (and noise), or one with less performance, and considerably less noise...

Thermaltake has an interesting one - it has a thermal sensor to control the fan speed, which is excellent for when your comp is idle, and you don't want (or need) the extra performance and noise. (Great if you have it in your room, and sleep - or try to ;) - with it on.)

The 80mm Thermaltake one ('Smart Fan') would cost roughly $10-$15, I think - although you'd probably need two (one intake and one exaust) to get the temp. low enough so that they'd both run at the lower speed and noise.

That's just one option, of course. If you have a look around (on the net or in local stores), you're bound to find something that suits your needs.

Either way, adding fans will usualy increase stability, and also quite possibly prolong the life of your components, so it's well worth doing :)

Athlon TB 800mhz

128mb sdram pc 133

Geforce256 32mb ddram

Asus A7V mobo

40gb hd

I should get a GF3 or a R8500 soon, and then use the Geforce1 on my old comp, PII333, 32 (32!)mb ram (will add some more ram too) and 6 gb hd, and that piece of crap should be able to run JO, to play against my bro

well......

1Ghz Athlon:D

256Mg PC133 RAM:)

40Gb 7,200rpm 2mg buffer ATA100 HDD:cool:

GeForce 3 Ti 200 :p (just 2 play JKII)

Soundblaster Live! 1024 with Creative 4 Point Surround

Shud play JO quite well.....

it play RTCW in 1024*768 with HIGHEST settings on everthing and 2xAA really smooth:evil1:.....hopefully it will od the same in JO?!

Steg

Guest Apparition

Currently running:

1GHz Pentium 3

ATI Radeon 64MB DDR

384 MB PC-133 CAS 2 Ram

SB Live Value

30GB HD

16X Pioneer DVD-Rom

8x/4x/32x Creative Labs CD-RW

Klipsch ProMedia 4.2 system

21" Viewsonic monitor

PC currently building:

AMD Athlon XP 2000

1GB PC-2100 DDR Ram

MSI Nforce motherboard

120GB Western Digital HD

16x/40x Pioneer DVD-Rom

Preordered GeForce 4 TI4600 w/128MB DDR

Need to get for system:

SoundBlaster Live Audigy Platinum

40x12x40x Plextor CD-RW

Using same speakers and monitor though. I'd like to get a DVD-RW but that's just too much cash. Hard enough scraping this system together but I'm almost done. I'll have it done by Jedi Outcast time.

Are computers hard to build? I seem to have this mental picture in my mind of how to put everything together, but th most I've done before is install additional ram. It's not really that tough is it? Are there certain precautions to take when putting everything together? Is http://www.pricewatch.com a good place to buy parts? What all parts do I need? Case, Mobo, Ram, Video card, sound card, CPU, DVD/CD stuff? Am I missing anything? I would like to build a Comp for college. I have a year to save up. Do I sound like a newbie? I thought so too. Maybe this should be a new thread...

:monkey3:

Originally posted by ZePhyR

Are computers hard to build? I seem to have this mental picture in my mind of how to put everything together, but th most I've done before is install additional ram. It's not really that tough is it? Are there certain precautions to take when putting everything together? Is http://www.pricewatch.com a good place to buy parts? What all parts do I need? Case, Mobo, Ram, Video card, sound card, CPU, DVD/CD stuff? Am I missing anything? I would like to build a Comp for college. I have a year to save up. Do I sound like a newbie? I thought so too. Maybe this should be a new thread...

:monkey3:

You are missing a few things. You need a monitor, keyboard and a mouse. :D

You might want to check out http://www.googlegear.com . I'm going to buy my Mobo, CPU, and RAM from them when I upgrade to my Pentium 4 1.8 ghz Northwood.

This is the stuff I'm ordering. I will get it installed the week of March 24th just in time for JKII. I can't wait!

Asus P4B266-C i845D P4 (Northwood) Skt478 DDR ATX Motherboard

400FSB, UDMA/100, 2DDR DIMM, AGP 4X, 6PCI, 2USB

http://www.googlegear.com/ggweb/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=240239

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor (Northwood) 1.8GHz, 400MHz FSB, Socket 478 (No Memory) Retail

w/Fan and Heatsink, 512KB Cache, .13u

http://www.googlegear.com/ggweb/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=1.8A-512

Samsung 256MB DDR PC2100 266Mhz Memory

http://www.googlegear.com/ggweb/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=80382-1

Archived