Home

Should sequencer charges be a part of Jedi Outcast?

Redwing

Should sequencer charges (aka mines) be a part of Jedi Outcast?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Should sequencer charges (aka mines) be a part of Jedi Outcast?

• Yes, exactly the same as in Jedi Knight, with an timed mode. and a "mine" mode (explodes when someone gets close)
    • Use the MotS version, with an timed mode, mine mode, and a manual mode where you can set them off from a distance.
    • Same as in JK/MotS, but more powerful.
    • Same as in JK/MotS, but weaker.
    • Do away with them all together.

Originally posted by Redwing

I personally think that yes, they should. They were a great part of JK/MotS and added alot more strategic options to the game, and were perfect traps. But what does everyone else think? Post your opinions...

Almost forgot...Sequence Chargers! I personally think sequence chargers kills are pretty cheap because you can't really see it, and it is too easy to kill someone even with master skills.

In JK:

*follow your victim by strafe steping and jumping*

*jump over him, drop*

*drop, drop, drop*

*1 kill*

Sounds pretty cheap huh?

Originally posted by Rogue15

ya, forgot about that. those kills were most...annoying. the force speed jumpers....it looked annoying and it's humiliating...but it'd at LEAST be good if they kept them for single player ONLY and left them outta multiplayer. :)

Yeah good thought :)

i think leave 'em as they were in MotS or JK... they weren't cheap at all since scoring kills in NF were hard enough do, because you'd have to put them in really clever areas and even when you did that, you'd have to find a really mindless opponent for them to keep running over them again and again and again.

because you can't really see it,

Poppy****, mines are very difficult to hide(near impossible in levels like Canyon Oasis) and even when you manage to do it(say in some of the poorly areas of The Challenge at Nar Shaddaa CTF map) few people make the mistake of running into that area without care again for the game.

and it is too easy to kill someone even with master skills.

Mines that you leave and forget usually won't get the 'master' more than once or twice that game, and the ones you use to supplement your fire(ie lay a few in a frequently trafficked area or entrance to a goal(ie the Flagroom in The Challenge at Nar Shaddaa CTF map and then shoot them as the person enters) are usually only useful until the person senses a pattern and fires before they enter.

saberpro, i think your example:

In JK:

*jump over him, drop*

*drop, drop, drop*

*1 kill*

is more accurately depicted as this, at least in a scenario involving 'masters':

In JK:

*jump over him, drop*

*victim hauls ass away from you while simulataneously shooting at you*

*theres a kill, but the point is going towards improving your 'victims' score*

:D :D :D

Originally posted by [eVe]DeathBoLT

i think leave 'em as they were in MotS or JK... they weren't cheap at all since scoring kills in NF were hard enough do, because you'd have to put them in really clever areas and even when you did that, you'd have to find a really mindless opponent for them to keep running over them again and again and again.

Mines that you leave and forget usually won't get the 'master' more than once or twice that game, and the ones you use to supplement your fire(ie lay a few in a frequently trafficked area or entrance to a goal(ie the Flagroom in The Challenge at Nar Shaddaa CTF map and then shoot them as the person enters) are usually only useful until the person senses a pattern and fires before they enter.

saberpro, i think your example:

In JK:

*jump over him, drop*

*drop, drop, drop*

*1 kill*

is more accurately depicted as this, at least in a scenario involving 'masters':

In JK:

*jump over him, drop*

*victim hauls ass away from you while simulataneously shooting at you*

*theres a kill, but the point is going towards improving your 'victims' score*

:D :D :D

:lol:

they were shooting alrite, but killed themselves most of the time :) Plus, they cant "haus ass away from you" because I'm your worst nightmare :D

Remember Sister's Act? "I will follow you"

they were shooting alrite, but killed themselves most of the time

then they obviously weren't 'masters'..

"I will follow you"

follow if you like, but remember, for mines to hurt, you have to overtake them and set one off while they're still going in the direction you just laid a mine down in. to avoid that, all they have to do is goto the side...

It wasn't that the conc was too powerful, it was that it has powerful splash damage. The other weapons didn't. In JK's lag-filled world, using a weapon like the conc, with plenty of splash damage, was the only way to score a kill for lower-end users. This shouldn't be a problem in JKII, however. :)

Originally posted by StarScrap

The best place that I found to lay a mine was in Canyon Oasis in the little niche where the full shields thing is. :D Or in the niches in the vertical pipes with water. You can actually catch people on those.

Or lot more places: inside the health cache, right above the ramp (both from the lightning trap or from the health packs), Conc room with the water entrance

I stilll remember I made the jump from the catwalk to the Conc. room with 6 sequence chargers :)

Originally posted by GonkH8er

perhaps have them as in MOTS, but!!!! restrict the amount you an have to 2 or 3, and make them quite powerful.

Wouldn't that kinda defeat their purpose? I mean, we have thermal detonators for such big explosions...charges are set as traps to make people beware of constantly hitting certain annoying switches, or hogging the revive, etc...IMO if they were more powerful they'd become thermal det clones...maybe...*shrug*

IMHO i think they should be a part of jedi knight 2 because they were basically a good way to stop force addicts and concussion rifle freaks...

In jedi highschool you could bassiclly stop all acess to the roof and the main weapons by puting a few proxemity charges near the elevator and shoot everyone that comes from the airlift.

So i think that this would add another type of play and wud be pretty cool to see.

another factor which will greatly impact how weapons should operate is the centripetal force factor in movement.. a simple arch in your run would increase momentum allowing you to clear mines, etc. without getting killed.. however in JKII, that factor may not be there and accordingly, the sequencer charges and other weapons should be adjusted to prevent mines from becoming a easy means of killing someone.

at present, in JK, mines are difficult to use successfully agaisnt people who know their stuff because you have to place them in such a manner that people will be running into them without realizing it. once you're charging full speed into an area, its a little harder to do a about-face to escape in time.

i think some of JK's most explosive weapons ought to be watered down if they're to be included in a JKII.

You know, if you're going to run blindly full speed, then I say you should pay the price. People who complain about the charges should learn to adapt to live with them. Just becareful where you tread. I mean, maybe if you keep getting killed by the light saber, you'll complain about banning the light saber too.

Mines makes good strategic weapons, and help do checks and balances against people who insist on running around without watching where they're going.

Archived