Home

Should sequencer charges be a part of Jedi Outcast?

Redwing

Should sequencer charges (aka mines) be a part of Jedi Outcast?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Should sequencer charges (aka mines) be a part of Jedi Outcast?

• Yes, exactly the same as in Jedi Knight, with an timed mode. and a "mine" mode (explodes when someone gets close)
    • Use the MotS version, with an timed mode, mine mode, and a manual mode where you can set them off from a distance.
    • Same as in JK/MotS, but more powerful.
    • Same as in JK/MotS, but weaker.
    • Do away with them all together.

You know, if you're going to run blindly full speed, then I say you should pay the price.

Good people who know their stuff don't and thats why mines can be difficult to place in such a manner that they escape the usually alert eyes of experts.

Mines makes good strategic weapons, and help do checks and balances against people who insist on running around without watching where they're going.

I agree. :)

If they do put them in, I think ridding the thing of the 1 sec timer would be nice and just giving it a prox setting and some other setting. That way, you wont have those bombadiers with speed on all the time and they're still useable for what they're intended: Traps.

the only application beyond traps in NF guns that i can think of is in water, where you carpet mine with primary fire while making passes around the gunner in the water with you.. they're hard to evade in that method..

their best application in FF guns isn't traps due force speed but rather as a last ditch weapon or a weapon against those who love to pull because they can only pull 1 at a time, allowing you to merely pull out another. if you can out-manevuer your opponent, you can score a kill by dropping them at their feet, ducking in, dropping a mine, ducking out, ducking in, dropping a mine, ducking out, and so on..

without centripetal force factor, in a non-force speed setting, the only way i can think mines can be balanced is to significantly reduce splash damage; so that the explosion occurs over a small area, allowing people to escape if they're merely passing over an area...

reducing the damage done, and maintaining same radius of area effected is simply counterable by putting more mines down.

I personally think it would be a shame if they left out the mines. Unless, of course, they added a different, sufficiently unique, weapon. While they aren't my favorite weapon, they are certainly more than just a more powerful stormtrooper rifle, which is what most of the weapons seem like. (In DF and JK at least.)

Archived