Home

Impatience

Metallus

I'm wondering when Infinite Machine plans to start hyping the Sam and Max title....

I mean, every day that there's no new news, the feeling that Steve has "moved on" grows stronger in my head. I mean, the same thing happened with the comic strips. I just really hope this game gets made.

Maybe it's "on hold" or whatever but probably not. Remember that Infinite Machine isn't Sierra or even LucasArts, they probably don't have the staff to do more than one game at a time, at least full on production.

Think about how much time there was between when people at LEC start working on a game like Grim Fandango and when you see the actual first screenshots or logo, or even a press release. I think Infinite Machine put the info out on their site that they were making the game because sites like IGN and GameSpot squeezed it out of them. When the press is harassing you to no end over something you know is true there's no reason to continuously lie to them, especially when you have some juicy concept art to give out for pre-production hyping.

I bet once New Legends ships we'll be hearing more about Sam & Max.

Ok people you got to remeber one thing, games take a rather long time to dev a game. I have a friend who is working on one right now and it will be about 3 years befor it is out. And it won't be anonced for atleast a year. All this to say, mabie the new Sam and Max game was anonced early or it may have like a year and a half to go. Just pray it did not get canceled or the company went under.

Originally posted by Jake

I think Infinite Machine put the info out on their site that they were making the game because sites like IGN and GameSpot squeezed it out of them.

GameSpot, IGN, and other major news sites, have only ran the story a week after it was posted on STISH; two weeks after Infinite Machine announced it; three weeks after AdventureGamer reported it; in all, a month after the news broke on PCGamer Magazine.

Links:

http://gfc.grimfandango2.com/archives/arc7-2001.html

Archived