Home

Force Speed and Kyle's walk

MercenaryI{aos

What do you prefer for force speed?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer for force speed?

• Yes! time slowing down sounds cool
    • No, keep it the old way

Since this is shorter and more pointless, I'll start about Kyle's gait. First of all, has there been any Quake 3 TA engine powered games with 3rd person perspective? It absolutely bugged me how Kyle walked in JK with those short and too quick steps. They better and they will be BETTER than JK's walk in JO I hope.

Next

Even though Obi-Wan sounds like a dissapointment (never played it) I thought it cool the way they were going to use Force Speed. Time would slow and so you'd have better reaction time etc. In reality, if I was a stormtrooper it would still look like the Jedi was going superfast but if I was the jedi, time was slow. Seems better to me than running clumsily around top speed. This "time slows down" effect could be incorperated in SP but would obviously cause problems in MP so in MP you would have the standard JK technique.

How's that?

It'd be hard only because--for multiplayer I mean--if lots of people were using it how would that work? Would it neutral out? That is the only part about it why they can't have for single player it'd be cool, but they need to keep the power to same in single player as multiplayer.

though its not that bad of an idea to have bullet time in the game, its too late now for it to be implemented, and it could have been bullet time for sp and normal force speed for mp, ass seen with jedi mind trick in sp and mp they are the same force power but do different things.......

Guest JaGReiKo

Umm if it was a slow mo thing like max payne then it would be gay. That is why Max Payne is unique if it didnt have that it would just be abother stupid 1st person game. Speed has always been a rush to me and if they make it slow it would be dumb. Please play jk(FF) for atleast 3 months then you can comment about speed =p

There would have been no reason to slow down game time for Force Speed.

1. It would detract from the game's fast-paced action.

2. It's just wrong. It would completely alter a force power that everyone who's ever played JK has used more than once.

Look, I'm happy to have super speed in MP, but in SP, the extra 100kph doesn't do you any good. Go play JK single player, and put on the cheat slowmo 1 (or was it moslow?), and you'll see what I mean. The ability to move at normal speed while your enemy is slowed would mean you have enough time to strike at your enemy if he leaves himself open.

In JK MP, speed is used for mobility, extra fire rate and to take advantage of your opponents reaction time. SP enemies do not have a reaction time and they don't move around the levels by themselves, which means you dont have to catch them, they'll always be in the next room. Speed could be more useful in SP and I think this is the way to do it.

I know I had mentioned this one before ...

I agree with the SP but not MP idea - who cares if it is too late to happen - these are *opinion forums*!

As for the speed / slow thing - every description in a book I have read (I think it was best done in a JK book, actually) talked about it more like 'bullet time' as Kyle saw everything around him as if it were in slow-mo, and he could easily deflect shots and get places and so on ...

I liked speed in JK, but in it, you had to speed up to match the game - in other words, regardless of your 'level', if your reflexes weren't fast enough, you would just be out of control bumping into walls, no better at axing stormies or whatever ... but it did help with the reflexes ;-)

Mike

Archived