Home

New LEC game...

Remi

heh. What's the point of outsourcing a non Star Wars game? I thought you only outsourced stuff you had a license to... wouldn't it make more sense for the company to just make their own game and get it published?

I'd imagine that it cuts down on cost if they develop the consept in-house and then outsource the actual production of it. I don't know though. Maybe they need more resources to develop all of those adventure games. :)

Originally posted by Darnn

Bah. Why'd you have to go and post that? Now I'm even more depressed than I was before.

Remind me, who's left at LucasArts that could make a good adventure game?

The only old timers I can think of is Clark and Stemmle. I'm sure they have some new faces that are quite capable of making adventures tho.

and if they don't have any good ppl to create adventures anymore at LucasArts then why not hire Gilbert's or Shafer's new companies. I mean they're doing kinda something like it with Jedi Outcast (Raven) and those new games Indy (The Collective) and the action-comedy (Planet Moon). :)

In a way they're announcing that they're no good. I mean, this is George Lucas we're talking about. He's loaded. Why are they using other companies? Well... Then: LucasArts made a loada great adventure games. Now: a lot of thier best adventure guys are gone, and the really cool artists like Peter Chan (Full Throttle, Grim Fandango) are working on the Star Wars movies. So LucasArts can't make as many good games (by that, I mean adventure games). They concentrate almost 100% (until now) on Star Wars games, and then decide to get other companies to help them make the new games. Its the same as if Industrial Light and Magic asked The Mill (another top special effects firm) for help on Star Wars Episode III. You'd never believe that'll happen. But if it ever does, people will laugh at ILM. This is the same.

Anyway, in about 10 years, max, LucasArts will be back to majority adventure games. The only reason for all these Star Wars games is that the new films are being released, and its easier to cash in on them now, if you follow.

Originally posted by Darnn

Remind me, who's left at LucasArts that could make a good adventure game?

How about who has LEFT that can make a good adventure game... I'm sure LEC could hire Tim Schafer's new company to do it. Or any other company started by a former LEC member.

Archived