Home

Major lockup problem

Ecthelion

I am having a huge lock-up problem.

The demo worked fine on my machine, but now with the full version when I try playing any of the tutorial missions at least (and I assume the same would happen for the others), the game hard freezes after a while. If I load a savegame, it often locks up within a minute. I have a P3 600 (so it's not a AMD/VIA problem) on an ABIT BE6-2 with 384 MB RAM, SB Audigy, and GeForce 2 MX video card. I have all my hardware updated to the latest drivers. I am running Windows XP Pro. I have the game updated to version 1.1 also. I have tried turning off the music, but this does nothing. This problem is very annoying and has made me stop playing the game until I know how to fix it because it's just not worth trying to fix and having to restart every time because the game locks up. I suspect the problem is either with the video card or the sound card but I am not sure. I have not had problems to speak of with any other game (and I play a LOT of games).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Guest IdLe_WorkeR

I just made it on to XP Pro this week, and am SW:GB running fine.

My system IS a via, a A7V266-E board, Athlon-c 1.4, 512mg ddr, Visiontek G3 Ti 200, onboard sound, latest drivers. Things have been stable, except one issue with IE 6.

Ideas: try a different/older driver for the Nvidia card. I've read some reports of people trying dif drivers to get SW:GB, AoC to work on XP.

I also don't trust any card by Creative after the SB Live! The SB series experience errors with all vendor chipsets, not just via. However, it is said that all outstanding issues are fixed in the Augidy series.

The AnandTech forums may have much of interest for you. Try there.

It is always worth checking your main memory. Download a free memory checking pgm here.

Good luck!

Archived