Home

Say what you will about Carl Shutt...

C Shutt

Originally posted by Carl Shutt

You've got to admit, he knows how to get it done.

"GOT" to admit?!? I need some elaboration, here. Besides the obvious question, "who are you?", you need to expound on this "it" that you are getting done? Until then, I will admit to nothing except a hearty **Yawn**

Originally posted by Darnn

Bah. RPG's (is that apostrophe supposed to be there?).

No. The apostrophe signifies ownership. As in: This is a critique of an RPG's simplistic style.

When you are taking about RPG in the plural, there is no apostrophe. As in: I despise computer RPGs.

Originally posted by raVen_image

No. The apostrophe signifies ownership. As in: This is a critique of an RPG's simplistic style.

When you are taking about RPG in the plural, there is no apostrophe. As in: I despise computer RPGs.

My god, I've been obsessing about it for ages. Thank you.

Incidentally, I know that the apostrophe signifies ownership, but it also comes when a letter is missing, like in 'don't'. I thought that, maybe, due to some of the more bizzare laws of English, abbreviations, when written in plural, need an apostrophe before the S. I've seen lots of people do it, and I thought the couldn't have all been stupid...

I'm not certain that everyone got Trapezoids joke.

I understand Darnn's confusion...so much so, that I looked it up again to be sure that I was right. I, too, have seen things like:

"This happened in the 70's" <-- The apostrophe is incorrect in this case, but I've seen it used like this many times.

The funny thing is: if enough people violate the rule, then the violation eventually BECOMES the rule. We have an opportunity to change the English language here, folks.

All it take's are a few bad speller's.

Archived