Home

did anyone else find the endings of 3 and 4....

hncalavera

....a little disappointing? The endings of the original 2 were great because they were so off the wall and unpredictable.... but that spirit didn't really carry over to the sequels. The ending of part 4 wasn't too bad... the monkey-fu robot climax was pretty fun, but the ending of part 3 was so abrupt and NORMAL. Am I alone here?

I know, its like in 3, you blow the pepper to LeChuck and then the ice falls on him 2 seconds later then It flashes to you and elaine on the ship. It should have been like Guybrush and Elaine meet after the explosion and get off the island and get married, THEN flash to the ship. (Minnie Goodsoup gets the flowers, and she and Charles are next)

The MI2 ending was voted one of the 10 worst game endings in history, it being that rather lame "it was all a dream - or was it?" endings. I kinda agree with that opinion, but as RG planned a 3rd episode there was probably a reason for it so i'll let it go.

I wouldn't say CMI's ending was in any way less "oh" inducing. as for EMI, well i can't even remember that too well but game endings are very rarely satisfactory.

hmm, ok. i see both ur points. mi2s ending was good because it left it open for another, but again, bad because it made no sense. plus i never did totally understand how he ended up 21 again in a theme park on Monkey Island at the start of mi3, or woz it a different Island..? im not so sure now. also in mi3, the ending was[i/] pretty bad. it shood have shown minnie goodsoup and charles degoulash and stuff.

but, since im here, can any1 explain 2 me something, in mi4, it says u left carla etc on Monkey Island, but u dont coz it says they go 2 get more sun tan lotion, or is that only if u dont blow up the ship etc in mi1?

In MI1, if you sink the ship, you go back to the island with Herman Toothrot and the ghost and the crew is captured by the cannibals. If you don't sink the ship, you go back with the crew and you zap the ghost. The sequels obviously assumed the former to be the actual path.

As for the ending of part 2... I kinda liked it, just because it was so out there.... honestly it's a little better knowing that there's a sequel. It's too bad CMI didn't start out with them as kids. I liked the LeChuck and Guybrush as brothers gag too... I don't know why they dropped that in the sequels.

I still think MI1 was the best ending- still in hysterics with getting Guybrush kicked and thrown all over the island, and probably coz I happen to like the music I can just let it play for aaaaaaaaaaaaaaages, besides, I love the whole 'turn your computer off and go to sleep' bit at the very very very end of the game (after the credits)

I also liked the intro to CMI- I dunno, found it funny coz he's complaining how he wants a fruit basket or a keg of grog and it's right there in front of him

Originally posted by PTDC

The end of MI2 was fine I think it was the start of CMI that sucked!

w00t planet r u from?! CMI intro rocks!!!!!!

natty: the punching and the music, and the "turn of yer computer" part were really funny, but im refering to the end cutscene. I found it kinda corny those fireworks, the cutscene itself ddnt have many funny parts...

wot i liked in MI3's end cutscene was the father talking to the osn, it was a pretty cool idea...

Archived