Home

System Req's?

Lt. Durden

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Com Raven

Somewhere along the lines of SoF II and rtCW, but I suppose closer to the last (SoF flora looks really hungry, hardware-wise...)

Yea, Id say that is most likely.....Actually I dont see why Raven cant post JK2s requirements, they must know them by know :rolleyes:

In the Fragoff.net interview, they state that they can't post them yet because they are not finalized, but that they won't be 'super-heavy' (IIRC). Combining that with comments that the graphics are not as stunning as SOFII or MOH:AA or RtCW, I think that it is safe to assume that the Q3TA req's (PIII 350, 16MB Vid, etc) should actually be somewhat usable.

... not that I plan to find out ... ;)

Mike

ahhh, 500 minimum, that sounds like a better figure. I think Max Payne had a minimum p3 450 or something. Well I hope my p3 500 can handle it..... I do have 640 mb ram and a Geforce 3 though...... so all I need is a better CPU :)

/me dons Ski Mask, grabs my pump shotty and heads to First Union.....

I don't think I'll have a problem running it (*cough* 2.0GHz AMD Athlon, 512 DDR RAM, and Geforce3 *cough*) :D.

If you can run Q3 or EF, you can run JO, Quake3 is the most stable engine ever created. Even when pushed to it's limits, it will very rarely crash on you. I've had it crash on me like once or twice since I first played Q3 way back in late 99 (and I had a Celeron 336 with a Voodoo3 then).

GraphicsGod, if that's an Athlon XP (which I'm sure it is because I don't think they make standard Athlons that fast) then I envy you. I'd like to get an XP in my computer but my board doesn't support 266 MHz FSB. I'll have to do with a 1.2 GHz Athlon when I get one. But I'm pretty sure you'll be able to handle it.

I'm thinking of throwing in 150-200 bux for a new p3 motherboard and a 1ghz 133fsb chip. That's a pretty cheap upgrade IMO. 1 ghz, 512ram (which i already have) and a geforce 3 should cover it. It's really insane how amazing the Geforce 3 is. Upped my FPS in HL from 17-25ish to 50-100ish. Quite an insane difference. Also allows me to run max payne really well, at high resolutions with full detail. Very weird situation indeed. Great card though.

i can run EF at 1280x1024x32 w/ trilinear, and a load of other stuff. fps of 55+ when doing major shoot-outs...otherwise, 75+...

athlon750(sad, so sad), GF2MX400 64mb(also a tad sad), 640mb SDRAM(not bad) 2.35 gb left on 28 gb hd(saddest of all); but im getting a new compy when JK2 comes out(mostly FOR JK2):

AthlonXP 1700 or 1800

60gb 7200rpm

512mb DDR ram

dvd-ram(probly)(can any1 say infinite space?)

GF3ti200(possibly GF3; depends on price drops...)

19" monitor(1600x1200 75hz)

mobo reccommendations wd be appreciated...has to be socket-a & ddr

jh

Originally posted by Redwing

466 MHz Intel Celeron Processor...think I'll be able to run it? :/

If not, how much would it cost to upgrade this stupid thing?

Ouch. Quite a lot, probably :(

Depending on your RAM and Graphics card, you should be able to run it, but only barely - the Celerons aren't very good for gaming :(

What motherboard do you have? With a BIOS update, you might be able to upgrade to a higher MHz P3 with your current board - they're not too costly.

What graphics card do you have? GeForce 2 and above should do pretty well for JK2, but anything lower will probably start to struggle...

If you want advice or suggestions, tell me as much as you can about your current PC (mobo, RAM, etc.) and if you like I'll see if I can think of an upgrade that's not too expensive, but should run JK2 pretty well :)

Posted by Graphicsgod

I don't think I'll have a problem running it (*cough* 2.0GHz AMD Athlon, 512 DDR RAM, and Geforce3 *cough*) :D

A two-gig Athlon? Where on earth did you get that? Or is it O/Ced? I didn't think AMD even had them that fast, yet...

Are you sure you don't mean the Athlon XP 2000+ (1.67 GHz)

Archived