• Cable
    • Dial-up
    • DSL
    • ISDN
    • T1
    • T3
    • Other

As in connection speed!

I wanna do a sort of two-in-one-poll thread. You've got your poll about type of connection, and then you've got the dial-up part.

If you're on a Dial-up, what speed do you connect at?

On a good day, I connect at 26,400kps. On a bad day, I connect at 26,400kps. I've gotten 31,100 once, on a saturday morning in early 2000. I got a 32,000 connection once in November of '99. That's as fast as my modem will allow me considering where I live.

Choices for Dial-up: 24,000 - 26,400 - 28,800 - 31,100 - 32,000 - 36,400 - 42,000 - 44,400 - 48,000 - 52,000

Or some variation of those anyway. :)

If you choose 'Other', please let us know what it is.

I wasnt exactly sure how to answer this poll as I am on a college LAN. I think its T1 but i could be mistaken, so I put down "other". As for speed, Im connected at 10 mbps but dling from the internet through programs such as morpheus or audio galaxy is real bad (single digit kbps my friends)

Since I'm going to college at the University of Washington, I get to take advantage of the OC48 connection. Nice and fast! When I go home for the summer I'll be on crap 56k, unless I can convince my parents to get some broadband or something.

Originally posted by OnlyOneCanoli

I need to go to University of Washington. :D

HAHA! But seriously, I can't quite take full advantage becuase the internal ethernet cable in the walls. You see, its only 10-base T, but still, the connection is more than enough for Internet access! :D

"Lady's i know men in white look good... please, DON'T touch my.... blaster"

"Does that helmet comes equipped with sun glasses"

"Yesterday i saw Lord Vader without his suit and helmet, man i swear i could take him any day of the week"

"Thats it, firsts he kills Ozzel then Needa, I'm going to the union"

I've been using cable connection for three months now and love it. Had a little difficulty with the service provider early on, but everything is resolved now. Don't know how I ever got buy without it honestly, faster downloads, better multiplayer experience, and not as many annoying lag trip ups that I was used to on my old 56k modem. Good thing now is I can download demo's in a somewhat reasonable time frame. The monthly fee isn't too cheap, but it's not really that bad.

Currently cable. It's usually very fast, but sometimes can slow down a bit during rush hour and such.

They're adding a DSL central mainframe about 50 feet from where I live, to supply city hall. So I'm hoping to upgrade to that. Boy, that wil be smokin'. Now all I need is a new system...

Archived