Home

Force dynamics: Light vs Dark

WD_ToRMeNt

In the origional JK, dark was superior in saber only levels and light dominated in guns maps. With or without absorb, grip still stops you cold and destruction pushes you off ledges. Heal or not 2 saber hits will kill a lighty (no shield power ups in BGJ) Also a direct hit with destruct will take shields leaving the lighty one saber hit away from death. Absorb blocks pull though and a lighty with a concussion rifle is a deadly thing.

Anyways, Im curious to see how this plays out in JK2. With no destruction and both light and dark being able to push opponets off ledges, I'd say the the advantage of dark is lessened in saber only environments.

If mindtrick is a light only power as in JK, and there is no seeing, I'd say light would begin to have a serious advantage in any setting. Also if absorb remains the same in JK (being able to block pull) then I'd reason that light will be the overall most powerfull side.

I hope raven does something to keep things balanced.

First off, SP forces will work the same as MotS, but MP forces are confirmed to be based on JK's light/dark scheme.

Yes, it is possible mind trick could end up as a neutral power. Regardless, it could give an unfair advantage the those that had it.

So far we know...

Neutral: Speed, jump, push/pull ( I think I read that it is only one power with 3 levels).

Light: Heal, Absorb

Dark: Choke (grip), Lightning

???: Mind trick

Yeah, I'd reason that raven would try to have an equal number of side specific forces so mindtrick could end up blue. But still, only two side specific powers per side is I think a little less then we expected.e

torment I understand your point, but I think there is no need to worry yet

There is no way those are all the force powers, and Im sure Raven guys will do a balanced game, we dont know all the force powers and we dont know exactly how they will work, so you cant asume that one side will have advantage

Guest X-Vector
Originally posted by Neonix

- Sorry wrong post in the wrong thread (again)

*stupid*

"Shuttup"

Wrong post in the wrong thread in the wrong forum on the wrong messageboard more likely.

BTW, what happened to the "g" and the "e"?

:p

Torment, you're making too many assumptions about the game, IMO, that cannot yet be proved.

Anyways, Im curious to see how this plays out in JK2. With no destruction and both light and dark being able to push opponets off ledges, I'd say the the advantage of dark is lessened in saber only environments.

We know that Destruction hasn't been confirmed in SP and probably won't show up in it. But we don't know about MP. We've read from a couple of previews that there will be more Force in MP than there will be in SP, so it could possibly still be included for MP.

1. The multiplayer force powers are different than singleplayer, remember they said singleplayer force is different, e.g. no Mind Trick in multiplayer.

2. Light and Dark should be balanced, equally matched. The gameplay with guns and sabers is balanced very well, so they say, and with Raven's track record, I'm sure Force powers will be as well.

3. Even if light DOES have a huge advantage, as you have so often said, "Oh, I'm quite sure WD will own JK2." Which is absolutly right! I'm sure WD, a clan who wins in JK by cheating, will totally whomp everyone in a game that's not even out yet! I bow to your superior cheating skill... :rolleyes:

Archived