Home

The secret of Mojo

JBRAA

Raven, that acronym problem had plagued me with sleepless nights and endless crossings out on essay before i finally asked my English teacher what the hell was going on.

According to him the pronunciation of the letter is irrelevant, it is the actual word which makes the difference. So to set your mind at rest, it would be "a MI game" - sounds lame doesn't it?

I'M NOT RACIST!! But, the correct pronunciation of almost all words on this forum can only be perfected by those who are ENGLISH. Thats why its called QUEENS ENGLISH. Hey, the biggest clue is in the name - English.

(I really love Australians, and Americans. I know a few Canadians but I'd hate to live there.)

ONCE AGAIN, I AM NOT RACIST!! PLEASE DO NOT HATE ME!!

Originally posted by LucasTones

I'M NOT RACIST!! But, the correct pronunciation of almost all words on this forum can only be perfected by those who are ENGLISH. Thats why its called QUEENS ENGLISH. Hey, the biggest clue is in the name - English.

(I really love Australians, and Americans. I know a few Canadians but I'd hate to live there.)

ONCE AGAIN, I AM NOT RACIST!! PLEASE DO NOT HATE ME!!

Aren't there approximately 384 different English English pronounciations?

Originally posted by PTDC

At least we speak our own original language!!!!!

No you don't! English is a hash of Germanic languages and a whole bunch of other romance languages originally taken from Latin and with lots of words taken from other languages thrown in.

You're acting like the United States STOLE a language from you personally. That's just not the way to go about it PT. If I shared your same mentality, I'd be blaming you personally for persecuting pilgrims or something--which I'm not, so chill out, and get back to talking about whatever the hell this thread is about or I'll lock it.

That whole languages thing was fun while it lasted. I hope that you know that the plural of trapezium is trapezoid in american or english. Did you know that you spell colour with a 'u'? did you know that you spell 'trunk' with a 'b', two 'o's and a 't'? etc etc. Personally, though, I love all those american turns of phrase. Like 'I did it already!!' instead of 'I've already done it.' I use that one a lot.

Simon Jeffrey is English, you say... know I know my chances of working there are not miniscule. I hope to be moving to San Francisco soon anyway, cos I wanna do astronomy and I contacted them about thier university / observatory. I love Frisco so much - all the best companies are based there.

Archived