Home

Thoughts on the Disrupter weapon...

Silent_Thunder

:ewok: The Disrupter was the only thing in the JO trailer that I really didn't like.

The disinigration looked EXACTLY like something you might find in Elite Force or any Star Trek movie.

I don't think it makes much sense to have the enemy to turn into a statue as soon as he gets hit with the thing. I mean, he does have some mass left while disappearing, and that mass would still be drawen down by gravity, right? I know this game isn't trying to be realistic, but it IS trying to be like Star Wars, and IMO that looked alot more like Star Trek.

Personally, I would have the creature shot by the disrupter to fall over normally (same as if he were shot by a blaster) but disappear while falling.

Now I know I'm just nitpicking, but this was kind of bugging me.

What are all of your opinions on the subject?

:ewok:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually prefer the way it is already to the way you suggest it should be (disappearing while falling) because I think it looks more like an assassination shot if he freezes and then disintegrates without falling :)

And it is supposed to be the sniper rifle of the game, is it not? (therefore used for assassinations...)

And I just love that 'in-scope' view - it's awesome!

The effect was not quite finished when that trailer footage was taken. It looks very different from the EF disintegration, and much, much cooler than it. And I would defend the "Star Wars-ness" of the effect by saying that they do, in fact, have weapons that disintegrate people in Star Wars - remember when the bartender at Mos Eisley yells "no disintegrations!" when Obi Was throws down with Butt-Face?

Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]

The effect was not quite finished when that trailer footage was taken. It looks very different from the EF disintegration, and much, much cooler than it. And I would defend the "Star Wars-ness" of the effect by saying that they do, in fact, have weapons that disintegrate people in Star Wars - remember when the bartender at Mos Eisley yells "no disintegrations!" when Obi Was throws down with Butt-Face?

That's 'No blasters!'.

However, <b>Vader</b> says no disintegrations. :p

Wow, I'm honoured that I got a reply from a dev :).

I'm glad to see that that wasn't the finished version of the animation.

However, the disintigration isn't what I thought isn't Star Wars-ish, but the fact that the Gran just freezes when he gets shot., and doesn't fall over.

I assumed the reason why the old Star trek movies had the people who got phasered just disappear instead of reacting to the shot and then disintergrating was becuase they didn't have any better tech, and the only thing they could do was just do a fade out from a still shot of a guy standing there, to the empty room without anyone in there.

So, my main question is, why doesn't the Gran react to the shot instead of becoming a statue and disappearing? It jsut doesn't look starwars-ish, but more like star trek. I could imagine in actual disntergration to be in star wars, but not the freeze and disappear thing.

Originally posted by SL_Ki-Adi-Mundi

That's a good thing though. :D

Believe me, we appreciate it.

We certainly do :)

I don't suppose, ChangKhan, that you'd tell us if the wall-walk is much longer than we see in the trailer?? (Most of us seem to agree that it's not...) Or if it was finished when that clip was taken? (I know I'm pushing my luck but it seems a small enough thing to ask that also doesn't give too much away :D;))

Originally posted by Wacky_Baccy

We certainly do :)

I don't suppose, ChangKhan, that you'd tell us if the wall-walk is much longer than we see in the trailer?? (Most of us seem to agree that it's not...) Or if it was finished when that clip was taken? (I know I'm pushing my luck but it seems a small enough thing to ask that also doesn't give too much away :D;))

It's a very quick move, just a few steps. You can control the speed of the run by pressing forward or backward (or neither) during the run. Also, you can flip off the wall in the middle of it if you hit the jump key. And enemy jedi can do it, too, if the conditions are right.

Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]

It's a very quick move, just a few steps. You can control the speed of the run by pressing forward or backward (or neither) during the run. Also, you can flip off the wall in the middle of it if you hit the jump key. And enemy jedi can do it, too, if the conditions are right.

Sounds excellent! (How could it not be with you lot at the helm :D;))

Thanks for the swift response :)

I don't want to get on anyone's bad side here but I think people are just a little too picky. If thats the way they want it thats the way its going to be. I'm sure if it wasn't star wars enough sombody at LEC would have done something about it.

We should be (I think most of us are) glad, well more than glad, that they are even making a JK2, we could be stuck with just Obi-Wan on the X-Box. Be happy with what you can get. We are not the ones making the game so we cant dictate what to have in it. But i guess i'm the one complaining. The topic was what our OPINION of it is, and everyone can have their own opinion. Sorry. I was reading something somewhere the other day that mentioned that fans expect too much and expect to have the makers of the game listen to them, but they dont owe us anything. I don't know, i just wanted to throw this out there, its not aimed at anyone, i've noticed this type of thing on other boards too.

:max: :max:

TheBlueFlamingo, what exactly do you expect to be posted on this board?

"The topic was what our OPINION of it is, and everyone can have their own opinion. Sorry."--TheBlueFlamingo

I'm hardly trying to force my opinion on you. In fact, I ASKED your opinion.

I AM happy that we're getting a sequal finally. I know I'm not making the game, and am glad I am not (For many reasons). Also, I don't expect the developers to listen to me, nor did I even expect a response. The only responses I wanted were peoples thoughts on the subject.

I disagree with you, Belgirion, because I think change is far better than stagnation, and allows for the further evolution of things... and I hated the Conc, too :D;)

But that aside, Welcome to the forums!! (Shouldn't I be getting payed for all these 'Welcomes', Gonk?... ;-)

Expect a Welcome Basket from Boba Rhett in the near future, and a Chocolate Jedi Medallion from StormHammer when he comes on :)(anyone know where he's gone?)

Yeah you are right, my post was just something stupid I said. It was one of thoes things that i thought would be cool at first then after i posted it i realised im the dumbass here. So sorry. ignore my post please.

I personaly don't know what to think of the disruptor, I'll decide after i get to use it.

Sorry again

:max:

Archived