Home

Dott/s+m Bundle Conudrum

ptdc

A few weeks ago I got the Sam and max/ Day of the Tentacle DVD packaged bundle and I've tried to no avail to make it work with windows XP. Sam and max works without sound or music, and DOTT crashes straight after that swirly bit at the start.

Can anybody help?

thanks

PTDC

Try using my package - LEC Quick and Easy Fix.

It was posted on mixnmojo a couple of days ago.

http://www.mixnmojo.com/lec_qae_1.zip

You will need VDMSound to use it

http://www.ece.mcgill.ca/~vromas/vdmsound/download/index.html

It works fine with the white label cd versions of DOTT and Sam and Max [s+M without voice though :( ].

It should work with your DVD packaged version, but may need slight modification.

If it doesnt work, email me. Once we get it working I can include it in the next version.

I tried it and it worked as you said. DOTT works perfectly but SNM doesn't have voices. The only change I had to make for the DVD packaged version was to change the path in the .BAT file.

thanks for your help

PTDC

No problem m8

No Sam and Max refuses to work with voice with VDMSound.

It just hangs, not much can be done until a new version of VDMSound (finally) comes out.

Im looking at the (alleged) solution of combining files from the cd and floppy versions to get it to work.

This isnt gonna help many people though, since I cant distribute the floppy files:(

When I get some time I am gonna look at creating some sort of fix thingymabob package for 95 and 98.

Not sure about ME though, it's the devils own OS for dos games.

Mainly because MS bloody cut real dos out of it.

If I remember rightly though (i`ll have to check) it still takes notice of whats in ur autoexec.bat and moves it to the registry.

So a fix is quite possible, but dont hold ur breath :p

• 2 weeks later...

Archived