Home

MI5 confirmed?

pollodiablo

Originally posted by Gabez

I believe it might have been used as a name for EMI, but then they changed their minds. Or something.

It's Planet of the Apes - syndrome.

Planet of the Apes

Escape from the Planet of the Apes

Return to the Planet of the Apes

So Monkey Island 5 will be 'Return', and then a few decades later we'll have "Tim Burton's Monkey Island", starring Michael Jackson as one of the monkeys.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

HOW ABOUT.... In MI5, Guybrush is an old man telling his son stories of his pirating days... and the story is taken up by his son who goes out adventuring too. Then there's no excuse for LucasArts to stop making MI games because the lead role could be played by the ancestors of Guybrush. Am I a genius or what..?

• 1 month later...

If a MI5 was confirmed, it would be announced here

And as you can see here, that line that the voodoo lady said doesn't mean there will definetly be a MI5

And also, there won't be a MI5 in the near future, because LucasArts are busy working on Sam and Max 2 and Full Throttle 2!

(P.S. A sequel to Grim Fandango would also be great!):D

• 1 month later...

The voodoo lady is never wrong! There must be a MI5.

Even if there are no plans for MI5 let me tell lucas arts something.

I will comit suiside if MI5 does not happen.

And when it comes out, make it for the P.C. and Xbox

A name could me

1. Monkey with a vengenance

2. Monkey ISland 5 - return of the monkey

3. Guybrush Threepwood and the Zombie's stone (related to Harry Potter. In the game Guybrush could go to the pirate version of Hogworts)

4. MOnkey Island reloded

Originally posted by Dolly Wildstar

HOW ABOUT...In MI5, Guybrush is an old man telling his son stories of his pirating days... and the story is taken up by his son who goes out adventuring too...Am I a genius or what..?

It didn't work for Young Indy. I doubt it would work for Monkey Island.

Also:

Originally posted by YTtheMighty

LucasArts could sell the MI franchise to Ron Gilbert, who then could then join up with Tim Schafer at Double Fine and they could work together on MI3, the real continuation, which is really MI5. Then they could some how link the real MI3 to the current CMI and then, three years after the real MI3 comes out they could anouce the new MI6 which is the continuation to MI4... But that is just my idea.

:lechuck: DARRGH! Damn you purists! CMI AND EMI ARE VALID SEQUELS!!!!

CMI kicked ass. EMI kicked a lesser amount of ass, but still did its fair share of kicking!

It's true that you can't go wrong with Schafer, the man is a god, but I'm sure others like Sean Clark and Mike Stemme who are still at Lucasarts could do another good job on numero 5, with or without Schafer and Gilbert.

how about get back to monkey island basics in Monkey 5?

Give it a new plot, new adventure with some spots on the old ones. some time travel stuff would be cool. pop up in monkey island 1 on monkey island watching guybrush sink the ship with the catapult or something like that. Make it really weird.

And then call it Monkey Island 5: before after all.

NOOOOOOOOO

i've had eneogh weirdness! eneogh "What is real" blah,blah blah!

I've had enuff bad Lucas sqeuls(hint,hint)!

NO monkey 5!

SAVE THE MONKEYS!

give the sieres some time to heal, jeez...

do it for our children!:cry8::cry7::cry6:

does no one else tremble at the thought of another sequel?!!

Simple Call it...

The Real Monkey Island 3

Have Ron Gilbert Sign a one off contract with LEC to make one more MI and just have it as an alternate ending to the Trilogy, then make one more called MI the further adventures of Guybrush Threepwood and have CMI, EMI and that one as a second trilogy.

Sorry Ray...i was really upset when i made that post...i had just played Mi4 and...well, it upset me...

It was TOO strange...

Mi1 and Mi2 were strange because...they WERE.

Mi4...the weirdness seemed FORCED.

And seeing the other sequels/prequels LucasArts/Flims is pumping out, the future looks murky.

i'm still looking for Bob Mi5, IF IT EVER COMES

Originally posted by Guybrush3:16

Have Ron Gilbert Sign a one off contract with LEC to make one more MI and just have it as an alternate ending to the Trilogy, then make one more called MI the further adventures of Guybrush Threepwood and have CMI, EMI and that one as a second trilogy.

I don't think Ron's Monkey Island 3 would make the story any clearer or better from MI2. Ron wanted Guybrush to be a kid - he would just follow that idea because that was his idea of what Monkey Island was!

Also, I don't think Ron really wanted to make Monkey Island 3 (or does now anyway) even though I know he says so in interviews.

All I want from MI5 is more Largo. That's all I'm asking. ...Well, okay, and Murray, too. And if they don't get someone to port it to the Mac, I will personally storm LucasArts headquarters and hold everyone hostage until they do so.

But, err...that's it, really. *shifty eyes*

Archived